[OPEN] Nostalgia Critic

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

SHIDA
I'll be a thousand miles to the sun
before you even know what I've done
So listen. When kids like me are young, we're impressionable. Impressionable basically means everything is a big goddamn deal and life changing. Like HOLY FUCK THE STREAMS HAVE DONE A BARREL ROLL OR GRAVITY HAS JUST DUN FUCKED UP BECAUSE WATER IS COMING FROM THE SKIES. And then you learn it's rain and folks don't think it's a big deal. But to you it's goddamn Armageddon.

Anyways. Today I'm basically going to meet my soulmate, or spirit animal, or like mystical fucking guardian guru or whatever you want to call it.

No pressure.

I hear the sound and I immediately know what it is. It's basically the only sound other than Ma and Pa's voice that I know with absolute certainty. IT'S AN EXPLOSION. I feel the red feeling pulse quickly through my veins as I hightail it towards the sound. Nothing in my brain goes DANGER. DANGER WILL ROBINSON because so far life has been coming up aces for me. That one time the big gray bitch might have done anything Pa came in to save me.

The world is my oyster yo and that sound was the icing on the cake. (Listen. Metaphors aren't really my thing, just go with it.)

I see the tree fall and then I see this magnificent motherfucker who I correctly assume is the cause. I'm delighted to find it's a kid like me, albeit a sort of weird looking one, but hey, I'm not one to judge (j/k of course I am. Girl looks weeeiiirdd). But if she can make explosions that basically means we're bestfriends already, so I don't really mind.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I scream as I do the thing. Lately everytime I use my magic lately it's preceded by a scream. It just feels natural y'know? Like I'm just letting it alllllllllll out.

I can't fell a tree with lightning like she did, but I can erupt the earth beneath one. There's no satisfying CRACK of bark being peeled apart, but instead the groan of the tree rings out as a big fucker crashes down to the ground.

"AWWWWW YISSS. MUTHA. FUCKIN'. EXPLOSIONS."

... I'm still trying to work out a catch phrase.

I scramble forwards, joy and lunacy written all over my face as I grin broadly. I look at my new BFF and casually shrug, tossing my mane over my shoulders like it was no big thang.

"Mine was bigger." I point out, looking at my fallen tree. "But you know, lightning is purdy cool."

If I knew I was talking to a demi-god would that have changed my pompous attitude? Not a chance. I mean, this was about EXPLOSIONS not blood lines.

Image by the lovely dark! Table style by Tamme!

Messages In This Thread
Nostalgia Critic - by Roskuld - 01-06-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Nostalgia Critic - by Shida - 01-06-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: Nostalgia Critic - by Roskuld - 01-08-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: Nostalgia Critic - by Shida - 02-01-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: Nostalgia Critic - by Roskuld - 02-15-2015, 01:25 PM