the Rift

When shadows recede

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
The fresh air, blowing about brought the ivory stallion hope. There was time for healing, and for the damaged to be repaired, he pondered as he hurriedly ate. Arrane’s ears pricked up when he suddenly heard branches rustle after prolonged silence, and saw a dark chestnut stallion break through the trees and halt near him. A smile graced his lips as he reared up, flashing his freckled flanks as he reached for the air, awkwardly and unbalanced. The rays of sunlight filtering through the trees caught his golden horn, giving it an impressive gleam.

Instead of startling Arrane, the unicorn made him smile, as he faced the younger boy. He seemed to be stuck in the body of a youth, which gave him an appearance of curiosity and innocence. Arrane knew this wasn't someone out to hurt him…it was a friend who answered to his call. “Hello Kipling!” Azure pools watched the boy’s eyes intently, seeming to see straight to the boy’s cheerful soul. “I am overjoyed. I have not been in Helovia for seasons, after the darkness forced me out”, he seemed to finally exhale, releasing the stress that has choked him for so long. It was truly relieving, being able to talk to someone after so much time alone.

Kipling makes Arrane’s smile widen, as he observed the stallion’s perpetual inquisitiveness to be amusing. Kipling was an interesting character indeed. “I am Arrane of the Foothil-“, stopping short he realizes the Foothills might not exist anymore. If it still did, they might not want him back. “Just Arrane, sorry”, chuckling he looked at the stallion. “Where do you hail from?” The ivory stallion questioned, wanting to know more. Before he could keep on talking to Kipling, a faint, feminine voice delicately floated through the trees. Pricking his audits up in the air, and turning, Arrane locked his eyes upon the form of a pale grey mare, nervously swaying with one wing attached to her body.

Her neck was greatly bent, in such a peaceful manner, Arrane couldn't help but to feel a surge of sympathy and protectiveness. It was obvious someone had cruelly wrenched a wing from her in the past, and he would not forgive who had done it, though he would not ask of it now. It would be impolite, and may even hurt her feelings. “Good day,” a kind grin played on his lips, as he dipped his head in reverence. He didn’t’ know what else to say. It felt so strange, socializing after so much time left in silence. Something about this mare though, had struck him, urging him to dig to the recesses of his mind. She seemed familiar, but he couldn't put a finger on who she was, for he had never met her…but maybe, just maybe he had seen her in the past.

Words// 472
You can tag me if you want, and sorry for the wait and post!! ^^”

Messages In This Thread
When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-06-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 01-06-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Africa - 01-06-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-12-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 01-13-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Africa - 01-19-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-25-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 02-17-2015, 12:02 PM