the Rift

When shadows recede

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Somebody has to go polish the stars
Overjoyed? Well, that was a perfectly lovely reason to rear. To be honest, Kipling had almost immediately ceased to care about his initial question. He nodded with distracted agreement, far more intrigued by the mention of ‘darkness’. There had been signs – occasional blips in idle conversation, words of forboding – that a more astute animal might have pieced together by now. Not Kipling. Big picture thinking was definitely not his thing. Every time it came up, it stunned him all over again. “Darkness?” He gasped, not bothering to elaborate on the vague question.

They got to the niceties of exchanging names. Again, Kipling remained perfectly obtuse and did not pick up on the stutter step in Arrane’s speech. The colt was too excited to talk about the Hidden Falls, and his whole body trilled with barely contained enthusiasm. The concept of ‘home’ was still so novel to him, and he wanted to talk about it all the time, to anyone (or any thing) that would listen.

Before Kipling could rocket off into his spiel, his new acquaintence seemed to notice something. The colt, absorbed in his own excited thoughts about the Falls, had not heard the soft word spoken nearby. It was not until Arrane replied his own greeting that Kipling finally looked in the mare’s direction. Kipling leapt back, clearly startled, when the one-winged gray form suddenly came into focus by the trees. It was like she appeared out of thin air (and not at all like he was just totally oblivious)! “Oh!” He contributed. Such eloquence.

Kipling relaxed again as quickly as he had been surprised. He recognized this mare – he had seen her at that herd meeting at the Falls. She had managed to escape without the pleasure of conversing with the youngster. He rested a hind hoof in an exagerated display of relaxation - I’m cool, guys, totally cool, it’s all good. He took a deep breath, then babbled, “Hi! I’m Kipling and this is Arrane and he just came back here because he was gone for a long time and he was asking where I’m from and I’m from the Hidden Falls and I saw you at the meeting so are you from the Hidden Falls, too?!”

Speaking directly to Arrane, he concluded with perfectly unaware redundancy, “I hail from the Hidden Falls. Have you ever been there? It’s the best!”

OOC: @[Africa] @[Arrane] No worries! Apologies for the mid-thread tense leap. =)
Kipling

Messages In This Thread
When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-06-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 01-06-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Africa - 01-06-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-12-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 01-13-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Africa - 01-19-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-25-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 02-17-2015, 12:02 PM