the Rift

When shadows recede

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Somebody has to go polish the stars
This was the best. Not one, but two living, autonomous souls were paying attention to Kipling - at the same time!

Well, okay, the amount of attention they paid him could be debated. It was not really like they were hanging on to his every word (whether or not hanging on to the verbose colt’s every word would even be possible might be the more productive debate).

The less obtrusive dappled mare guided the conversation back to Arrane gently, steering their little ship deftly out of Kipling’s choppy seas. Although the pearly stallion accepted the Falls’ duo’s invitation with neutral ambivalence, Kipling responded with disproporitionate ecstasy. “Yes!” He whooped a joyous victory cry, hopping excitedly in place. “Come on, she can tell us her name on the way. Let’s go!” He bolted recklessly in the direction of the Falls, then rapidly arced back in a swooping circle as somewhere in his vacuous mind it occurred to him that Arrane was not in much of a state to be galavanting through the Threshold forest just yet. Kipling drew down to a more leisurely pace, although the jaunt remained firmly in his step. He grinned thinly at the others. “Or we can walk. Walking is good, too.”

Nearby, squirrels twitched their tails irritably and glared from the underbrush while birds resettled on their perches, chirping their disapproval at Kipling’s disturbing of their peaceful home. The colt was oblivious to the creatures’ admonishments, a blank smile stamped across his face. His tail swung loosely with every relaxed step, and he reveled in this newfound delight of not being the one who was totally out of the Helovia loop.

OOC: @[Africa] @[Arrane] Poop I am so sorry this took a lifetime you guys. I had some family health stuff I had to deal with but I really wanted to get this thread wrapped up for you before I had to disappear and it didn't happen. <_< I'm really, really, really sorry, I feel so bad for bailing like that. I'll start an intro thread in the Falls today.
Kipling

Messages In This Thread
When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-06-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 01-06-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Africa - 01-06-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-12-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 01-13-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Africa - 01-19-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Arrane - 01-25-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: When shadows recede - by Kipling - 02-17-2015, 12:02 PM