the Rift

New and Ancient Languages

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

What number was she on? Did it matter? Honestly she had stopped breathing for a moment when the other mare just stood there, hips cocked and neck arched but no words. It was Valiance who tried to remind Resplendence to breathe. "Twenty-five." he said and Res instantly released the air she had been holding just as the other mare began to speak.

Okay, good. She was fine, but the laughter… Res couldn't quite figure out the laughter. Was the mare laughing at Res, at the situation, or at herself? She really hoped it was just at the situation and not Resplendence but, there was little that she could actually do to confirm this. Alas, the mare started to speak again talking about how she didn't know where she was headed, just that she was looking for company - that it had been a long time since, well since Res assumed she'd been around other equines.

Still, another mare appeared. One that I recalled to go by the name of Africa and had been a part of the Throat - though she lacked the smell of sand and sweat that seemed to linger across those who resided there. Africa did not speak, simply took her place beside Res who inched in closer to gain support for herself, and offer it for the dappled mare beside her. Then, Valiance settled carefully atop her poll and stared directly at the other mare as she spoke. A hitchhiker? A snort of dislike came from his mouth at that term before he spread his wings in a show of flair. Cheska, the mare's name was Cheska. And so, she allowed herself to speak once more. "Resplendence and this is Valiance, he's my companion." Resplendence explained. "How long have you been travelling? I can offer a place to stay, a home of sorts if you need to rest." she said, stumbling over definitions. God, it had been too long since she had tried to recruit? Why did she even think that this would be a good idea?

Swallowing once, she turned to Africa to reset herself. "And how are you, darling?" she inquired, trying to take a good look over her and ensure that there were no new injuries to the mare that she knew was kind.

Always the doctor. Res would always be the doctor.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
New and Ancient Languages - by Cheska - 01-06-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: New and Ancient Languages - by Resplendence - 01-07-2015, 03:18 AM
RE: New and Ancient Languages - by Africa - 01-08-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: New and Ancient Languages - by Cheska - 01-08-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: New and Ancient Languages - by Resplendence - 01-09-2015, 09:11 PM
RE: New and Ancient Languages - by Africa - 01-10-2015, 02:10 PM
RE: New and Ancient Languages - by Cheska - 01-10-2015, 09:31 PM