the Rift

Dusk and dawn

Casavir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
For quite some time, the jet black being stood alone and in peace, or at least in as much peace as she could be considering her aching body and chaotic thoughts. The quiet that surrounded her felt calming as if life was trying to tell her to settle down. When the scene around her changed even in the slightest, it felt as though she was almost hyper sensitive to it. Casavir was aware when another creature began to encroach on her space, but for the first several moments, there was no interaction between the pair. Immediately she had felt her muscles tense beneath her thin pelt, if that was even possible to do so considering how tight they already were from her journey, preparing herself for some sort of imaginary danger that the newcomer might pose. But after a short time, she began to assume that the other was here for the same reason she was, the satisfaction that could be provided from the cool liquid that was before them. As soon as her muscles let up even in the slightest though was when this character chose her moment to say something, immediately throwing the fibres back into action. "Excuse me, are you lost? Can I… Can I be of any assistance?" Casavir swung towards the approacher, head flung high and eyes wary as she looked at the mare. But the mare's words were quiet, spoken low. There was no hint of coldness within them, nevermind the fact that the words actually spoken seemed rather caring. Her thorns flickered for several seconds while she debated how she was going to react to this situation. Run? No, she was far too tired. Be a grump? No, this mare seemed too polite and that might make Casavir feel bad. The way the being had spoken her words made Casavir feel at ease, so rather than play and fool the other equine, she spoke earnestly, "I don't know that I'm lost so much as I don't have anywhere to be.. Or to go."

It was really uncertain whether or not this equine would be able to fix Casavir's predicament, or even if any one would be able to. Perhaps not, but if someone was willing to try… could Casavir let them? Should she? Ugh, all these questions and concerning herself over what could be rather than what was actually happening was seriously going to give her a headache. She was lucky that then something strange happened to tear her attention away from the thoughts that plagued her. For suddenly, a ruby coloured creature swooped from above to land upon Casavir's companion, and the obsidian mare started slightly. Not taking into account that something had swooped down upon them and that was unnerving enough as was, this creature was like nothing Casavir had ever seen before. She stared at the creature with wide, frightened blue-green chasms. What was it? Was it some sort of bird? It couldn't be. She had never seen a bird so featherless. It was like a lizard, except it was not, for she had never encountered one that could fly. She blinked in shock at the scene, although then noticed that the mare had not reacted to the appearance of this creature, rather she didn't seem nearly as surprised as Casavir was at all. She then felt foolish, obviously at the disadvantage for her lack of knowledge about what was going on. Perhaps things here were as she had heard… much more farfetched than she could have ever imagined, or even dared to dream about. She shook her head, feeling like a complete idiot, but still mustered up enough courage to ask, "I'm clearly not from around here…. what... is that?" She did not want to outright stare at it in fear that she might offend it or something, but she was so intrigued by it she could not help but let her voids rest upon it, taking in it's detail as she tried to determine it's purpose. It was just so… odd to her to see such a fantastic creature with an equine who seemed so completely at ease with it's presence.

Yes, this place was definitely going to take some getting used to.

*Notes - Is that any better? I apologize for your troubles!
*Words - 704
*Muse - okay.

I'm vulnerable, you're loveable.

Messages In This Thread
Dusk and dawn - by Casavir - 01-06-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: Dusk and dawn - by Resplendence - 01-07-2015, 02:39 AM
RE: Dusk and dawn - by Casavir - 01-11-2015, 01:43 AM
RE: Dusk and dawn - by Sevin - 01-11-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: Dusk and dawn - by Resplendence - 01-15-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: Dusk and dawn - by Casavir - 02-09-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: Dusk and dawn - by Resplendence - 02-10-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Dusk and dawn - by Casavir - 03-05-2015, 07:51 PM