the Rift

salvation for the damned [kou, edge members]

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
[Image: koutable.png]
Kou

Her heart ached with desperation and longing as the mare continued to thunder through the forest. She wanted desperately for her to stop. She had to know if it was, indeed, Aerwela who had happened upon Helovia. If it was she needed to bring her to the Edge where she could live safely among their own kind. "Aerwela!" Her voice held all the desperation she felt inside, but she was growing more hopeless with each hoof fall.

Kou was ready to give up completely when the thundering of the other mare's hooves suddenly stopped. Her ears strained forward again and she heard the murmur of her own name. Tears stung her eyes and she began to move more quickly through the forest to find her dear friend. "Oh, Aer." She murmured to the mare. "Yes, it's me." She didn't know that the other mare had thought her dead for so long until she asked how she was still alive.

The question brought her back to her childhood in Etaine. She had been nothing more than an innocent foal that had discovered her magic for the first time. She hadn't known the danger of possessing such a trait until the witch hunters had come. She remembered her father fighting them to try and hold them off so she and her mother could escape. She remembered running through the forest alone, not knowing where her mother had gone. She also remembered going back to find her father only to see the witch hunters gathered around his fallen body and setting it aflame. After that she had turned and ran, never looking back for fear that the witch hunters would be hot on her trail.

Kou blinked and shook the memories away. "My father protected me." She said sadly. "I was able to get away because of him." She reached her muzzle toward Aerwela's bumping her's gently against the other mare's. She huffed a gentle grassy breath before pulling away and looking at her again. "What are you doing here? Were they after you?" She cast a worried glance at the forest behind Aerwela, one of her ears tilting back. It was the only explanation for her to be running the way she had been.

colourize-stock @ deviantart | prints-of-stock @ deviantart | edlo @ deviantart

Messages In This Thread
salvation for the damned [kou, edge members] - by Aerwela - 09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
RE: salvation for the damned [kou, edge members] - by Aerwela - 09-10-2012, 03:14 PM
RE: salvation for the damned [kou, edge members] - by Kou - 09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: salvation for the damned [kou, edge members] - by Aerwela - 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM