the Rift

Devout

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

I was there for this one-winged mare. She was like a sister to me - a path back to the Dragon's Throat, a path back to Sohalia. You see, I would not leave them alone - regardless of where I lived I refused to lose those I called family. I was already telling myself that I would visit the Throat when I could, to go check in on Cera. He would need it, would he not? He would need to know that not everyone was going to leave him.

Alas, this wasn't what was at hand right now. Africa was suffering and she needed the shoulder that I could provide. Ettore clicking happily from his pouch against my withers. A gentle smile upon my lips as I nodded my cranium, blind gaze searching for where I assumed Africa's was. "I'll be here, for as long as you need." I reminded her, moving forward and just allowing the day to pass with the one who was grieving the mental loss of a loved one. No, words were not necessary - she had told me plenty.

It was when Africa claimed that we had walked too far that I allowed a gentle laugh to escape my lips. Ears were swiveling around in what I assumed was uncertainty and I allowed my quiet vocals to spin out and be carried across the breeze to the mare. "That it is - a place of new beginnings," I reminded her. Fitting, no? At least, I thought it was, and from the flapping and hopping of Ettore I could only assume that he was agreeing. We were all getting a new start - the one-winged mare breaking from the past, I getting a new companion to nurture, and Ettore… he had the blankest slate of us all. I could only hope that Silas would also befriend my young red-tailed hawk. Perhaps then, Ettore would be able to learn how to fly when it was time.

I had stopped as soon as Africa pressed against me, asking if I could feel the stallion. "Yes. He doesn't seem much larger than you, and no horns or wings." I said, almost a coo. Gently, I bumped my maw against her shoulder. He seemed to not be surrounded by as many trees - no doubt an opening in the forest. "There are plenty of ways to run if needed. Do not be afraid, Africa." I said, slowly stepping away from her before stopping at the edge of the small pass.

I did not dare enter his space, giving him plenty of room before looking back toward where Africa was standing, a good twenty to thirty feet away. "Hello. Can I be of assistance?" I inquired, head tilted ever so gently to the side as I felt the way his neck arched to allow his maw to press against his shoulder.

Was he lost? Or was he simply looking for other equines to recruit like so many others often did?

Welcome to Helovia! I'm Abba, and Riv posted Africa above me! Let us know if you have any questions ^^ We're happy to answer 'em

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
Devout - by Reynier - 01-07-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: Devout - by Africa - 01-07-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: Devout - by Rasta - 01-07-2015, 10:20 PM
RE: Devout - by Thor - 01-07-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: Devout - by Reynier - 01-08-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Devout - by Africa - 01-09-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: Devout - by Rasta - 01-10-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: Devout - by Thor - 01-11-2015, 03:00 PM