the Rift

Dead in the Water

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor the Gentle Heart

The ground splintered just before me and the world seemed to quake in welcome. I stepped back in order to accommodate whatever might heave itself from the underworld, but I was not strained by the ropes of fear. Instead, a soft light gleamed from within and I stared on in utter awe.

It still amazed me to witness the might of the Gods. I hadn’t expected him to come and the strange euphoria that accompanied him made me smile in greeting. However, the great God of the Earth did not look as pleased to see me as I him. His deep, brown eyes were severe and I did have to question if I’d done something to offend him… aside from abandoning Helovia for a time.

How past deeds could weigh so heavily on the mind…

However, my Grace did not mention shame or wrongdoings on my behalf. Instead, only questions hiding mild concern were proffered from his noble lips. My wings… Of course they would not go unnoticed by the earth’s creator himself. But they were yet a sensitive subject that I longed to avoid, even in the presence of an immortal. “They were taken… by an infection procured in the Frostbreath Steppe your Grace,” I offered humbly. I wasn’t sure if he sought the full story or not but I feared that the reliving of such an event would only make me weak before him.

I did not want to spoil my chances of his favor in the loss of my strength… over something I could not explain.

I did allow him a moment for further question though, because I’d heard of woeful tales concerning the wrath of the Gods. I’d witnessed the kindness of the Earth’s almighty King but I did not want to awaken the certain punishment that would come of insolence on my part. “Thank you for seeing my calls answered. I come again to you in hopes of asking your favor. You have supplied me so generously in the past and I wish to honor you with my gratitude… But I also seek your help in obtaining an item,” I softened, hopeful.

When last we met you allowed me the power to heal someone I loved. I come to you now hoping that you will also allow me the power to protect them. The Great and Giving Turtle visited the island with gifts and I received this pendant,” I stated gratefully while gesturing down to the burgundy stone resting easily at my chest. “I wanted to see it blessed with your might- a force field large enough to protect myself and one other,” I continued bravely. “I would accept whatever terms you deem fit for such an item my Grace…

Go on, save yourself

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Dead in the Water - by Thor - 01-07-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Dead in the Water - by God of the Earth - 01-11-2015, 02:42 AM
RE: Dead in the Water - by Thor - 01-11-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: Dead in the Water - by God of the Earth - 01-13-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Dead in the Water - by Thor - 01-26-2015, 10:06 PM