Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

The answers you seek,
Shall be yours,
Once I claim,
What is mine.
I hadn’t been tempted from travel by the haunting songs of our wolven neighbors, but my heart did falter slightly at the idea of Evangeline being alone amongst them. Funny how even the tranquil grove did little to keep me from anxiety and doubt… What if she had meant to meet another? The thought made my stomach turn and knot uncomfortably. I felt as though I’d been driven to her side, looking to quell my fears of losing her to another with the idea of physical proximity. However, upon discovering Evangeline and Tallis alone, I was instantly relieved. However, in the wake of relief came only more worry. Why did she seek to make camp so far from home? Was it because of me? Was is something else?

Her wide, green eyes found me with contempt and surprise but it took me a few moments to gather my thoughts in order to give reply. Was I supposed to admit that I’d followed her? It hadn’t started that way… so perhaps a little white lie wouldn’t hurt either of us. But then that left room for more doubt and more questions. What was I doing here if not looking for Eva? I certainly couldn’t tell her I’d come seeking to clear my head… After all, how could a stallion such as myself find solace in the quiet shadows of the grove?

After all, this wasn’t a place deigned for platonic companionship.

Yes,” I blurted hastily. “I mean, no… not- uhm, not initially anyways,” I fumbled uselessly. “I was just curious… to see, well… what are you doing here anyways?” I finally questioned with a little more certainty.

Everything with Tamira had been so simple and based solely on primal desire from the start. Evangeline was different… and I was a bumbling idiot when it came to courting. Not only was I an inexperienced lover, I was also quite matured from the base desires that had once guided my success. It was true, I had once been a formidable creature in most respects but I’d faded from glory and all that remained were the barren bones of who I was. If Evangeline couldn’t see me and accept me for whoever I’d become, then maybe I’d picked the wrong woman in which to trust my heart.

Though, I highly believed otherwise.

While debating the many things I’d been and the many things I sought to become, I’d grown distracted from the conversation at hand… this was why Eva’s not-so-subtle prodding threw me completely and utterly off guard. Was I here to meet someone else? I nearly laughed at the idea… Had I not proven myself a worthy suitor?

No! Though, I was about to ask the same of you… I mean, why else would you come here?” I smiled. I hoped that when the truth was revealed I wouldn’t have to regret sharing such tender truths with Eva. I wasn’t sure I could handle any more deceit or failure in this lifetime.
Image Credits

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: under the light of a thousand stars [thor] - by Thor - 01-22-2015, 08:10 PM