the Rift

[PRIVATE] under the light of a thousand stars [thor]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Silence reigned supreme after Thor relented and said that he would stop pushing her. The fire crackled and the flames made their shadows dance about. The chirping crickets grew louder and louder until they were nearly deafening before finally becoming softer. In the distance she could hear the wolves begin howling to one another again. Water splashed as a fish hit the surface and Evangeline sighed. Everything about the grove was peaceful and calming but tonight it was anything but. Each little noise made her uncomfortable, put her on edge, and it took all of her strength to keep from flinching at every owl's hoot and every wolf's howl. It was no question in her mind that it was Thor that made her uncomfortable; everything about him from the loving way he looked at her to the way he said her name and the exasperation he had with her when she didn't budge when he pushed her. She had resigned herself to living out the rest of her life alone, but there he was offering her everything she'd had before and there she was too scared to reach out and take it.

Why? Why her? What was so special about her? The questions swirled around endlessly in her mind and she never could get a straight answer out of Thor. He would dance around his reasons and pose the question back to her, asking her why she thought he wanted her. Evangeline could never come up with an answer that satisfied her. Why could he possibly want her? Even as she asked him, yet again, she expected him to turn it around on her and when he did she sighed softly. Why could he not just give her an answer that she could hold on to; one that could save her as she floundered helplessly in the tidal wave of emotions and confusion that he always brought forth.

"I don't know." She sighed, her head shaking. "I'm broken... damaged." What did she have left to give? How much of her heart was left being broken so many times? "I don't know what it is you think I can offer you. I don't know what I have left to offer." She wondered what he would do because she was certain that she wasn't giving him the answer that he wanted. "I wish I did." She whispered, her eyes falling shut against the flood of tears that would be coming.

@[Thor]

"."
Thor
&
Evangeline
maybe we found love right where we are
credits :: table

Messages In This Thread
RE: under the light of a thousand stars [thor] - by Evangeline - 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM