the Rift

Burning Bridges

Menagerie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Oxy? That was the beast's name? I snorted slightly, seeing his large figure upon the ground. Well, apparently the other creature, mare by the vocals, knew who this one was. It seemed like whatever this 'Oxy' was doing, it was something fairly normal. I snorted softly. Normal, huh? To stumble and bumble and droop about as if in a sleeping state. I took notice then, of his bulging sack. What was in there? Was that what was causing him to act like... well, like some sort of crazy demon? An equine off his gourd. Granted, I suppose my reaction to the sun hadn't made me look much better. Perhaps I shouldn't be one to judge. However, I was still on my two pillars, which is more than I could say for the beast.

The mare came forward, a scrawny thing, dappled, lacking in one semi-feathered appendage. Apparently she was also on fire. How she could not be screaming in pain, I was not sure. Perhaps I was just imagining it. She didn't seem at all to take notice of the flames licking about her rump, her cranium. Perhaps I really had gone coo-coo. Perhaps this Helovia was a whole bundle of coconuts, of crazy pills. Perhaps I shouldn't have come here.

My anger was subsiding as the shadows cooled my scarred skin. Now, more than anything, I was curious. Curious as to what the hell I had gotten myself into. The beast, Oxy, started to say something about butterflies. Butterflies? What the hell did he mean by that? The willow branches? Is that what he thought? Was the brute a blind beast? When his orbs were open they seemed clear enough to me. Well, clear in the sense he was not physically blind. Psychologically speaking, well, I couldn't exactly say. He didn't seem quite like the stable sort. Then again, I wasn't exactly one to judge. He asked about the falls. I wasn't sure what he took me for, but I definitely wasn't native. Perhaps he was talking more to the mare in front of me.

Whom, I might add, I was still having a hard time processing. The whole mane and tail on fire without screams of agony thing. Given my experience with fire I was bewildered. On one leg, I was sure I was going crazy, since she didn't notice the burning flicks at all. It had to be all in my own head. I shook my tiara, giving a raspy chuckle. "Well," I spoke mostly to myself, not expecting either to pay attention. "This is one hell of a welcome to Helovia..."

I shifted on my pillars, banner swaying back and forth as I put my good side to observe the two before me, my brown orb twinkling with amusement. That was a feeling I hadn't had in years. Despite not having the most gracious of adventures to get to this moment I was... pleased. Again, I began to think that perhaps I had made the correct choice in going forth into this new realm.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-09-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-09-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-09-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-09-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-09-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-10-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-10-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-12-2015, 11:25 PM