the Rift

Burning Bridges

Menagerie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Africa. It was such a pretty name. It made me wonder if the name had come before or after her scars and flames. She paused for a word as she tried to excuse her herd mate. I gave a soft snort. Unhinged was certainly quite the word for it if I could ever have picked one for the situation. The brute, Oxy, seemed to have had enough of the encounter as he slowly pulled himself to his feet, grumbling something about showing the mare what unhinged could be.

I didn't quite take him seriously, with the way he stood poised with his hind pillar ready to shake the ground should he put weight behind it. He seemed too dazed and lazy to really do anything about the situation. My orb went back to the dappled figure of Africa as she offered to bring me to a place of shadow. My single audit perked. She was inviting me to her home. I was so stunned by the offer that I hardly noticed the rock that flew by out of nowhere. Had Oxy done that? I didn't quite pay attention to it, as I only really tracked it out of the peripheral of my good eye, my attentions on Africa.

I was caught in disbelief. Had she really offered me such a thing as the comfort of her home? It had been so long since I had felt as if I had been accepted. Or perhaps she was leading me back to her herd to be eaten. After all, if this brute, Oxy, was a part of her herd, it might not be such a far fetched idea. I looked her over slowly with my good eye, tentatively taking a step towards the mare, and with it, the light that she brought with her. Oh, how could I forget, the fire that she brought with her. "What about that fire you carry with you?" My gruff and smoked tones were cautious. If there was any indication of my dislike for hot things, that would have been it.

I shook my tiara and she would be able to see glimpses of my scarred visage, puckered pink and red skin that grew no hair. A blind eye made to look like a clouded sunset met her head on. I let her see me, watching carefully for her reaction to my appearance. Aside from my face, I suppose I looked well off enough, but no one could ever get past my burns, my croaking tones that came with it. I snorted. "Does it cause harm? Because if so, I think I'll have to keep to a safe distance. If you'd understand, that is."

I suppose that was me taking up this mare on her offer, despite my cautions. I shifted slightly on my pillars. The ache in my belly for a home gnawed at me with satisfaction.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-09-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-09-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-09-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-09-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-09-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-10-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-10-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-12-2015, 11:25 PM