the Rift

Burning Bridges

Menagerie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I could tell by the way that the mare looked at me that she did not like what she saw. Clearly she was taken aback, and she struggled not to appear blunt for her staring. It was something I was unfortunately used to these days. At least, when I bothered to allow myself to be come across. She settled herself, and I could see with my one good eye that she was focusing just beyond me. She was making an effort, and that was heartwarming to me. She was frightened, unnerved, but she was at least trying to be polite. That was something that I hadn't had the pleasure of in so long. She certainly was a change from the previous brute, whatever his issue had been.

Africa began to describe to me that her fire contained no heat, that it caused no harm whatsoever. What a strange thing to be cursed with. Perhaps her fire was just as off putting as my scars. I let out a soft snort at the thought. Once warmed in the knowledge that her flame could do nothing, I suppose others would welcome her firmly. I hardly noticed her missing flying digit. It might as well have been tucked against her belly for all I could tell. It was something small to miss. She seemed to be cautious with her embers even so. I was grateful for that as well, for her understanding of my need to keep my distance from that which haunted my deepest and most frightful nightmares. Still, the way it danced among her locks was strange to me, and almost calming, save for the part of me that still demanded that the flames have heat and rage.

She asked after my name and if I had a need to be healed. I gave a chuckle, following her very slowly from the safety of the willow tree. "No, no injury that could be healed. This face of mine has been well done with that for years now." I followed her to the side, keeping my good side to her, not only so I could watch her, but so that she may perhaps settle her stomach more to carry on conversation with me. "My name is Menagerie, but you may call me Minnie if you find it easier for yourself, miss Africa of Hidden Falls." I let my pillars guide me slowly across the lush forest floor, tossing my cranium momentarily so that I could shield the worst of my scars from the sun with my ebony locks.

"What exactly is this place? I've heard rumors of this Helovia, that it's unlike any other place. I've been told that it is a place where there is enough for everyone, that war doesn't exist, and that nothing is known but peace." I gave a raspy chuckle. "I'm not quite sure if I believe it." Did I? I suppose I wanted to believe such things, that it would be the new beginning that I had been begging for in my deepest of sleep. After this introduction, I wasn't quite sure. That Oxy beast had put me on a bit of an edge. There was something not right with him, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue to have encounters with him. I let those thoughts drift, though, my one audit perking and waiting for the response of the mare Africa.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-09-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-09-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-09-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-09-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-09-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-10-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Oxy - 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Menagerie - 01-10-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: Burning Bridges - by Africa - 01-12-2015, 11:25 PM