the Rift

[OPEN] The Stars That Blind Us

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Labored breathing was coming from Sohalia. It was sickenig how fast she seemed to be deteriorating, and it only caused me to press in even closer to my winged friend. Warm, so warm to the touch. It was not comforting, it was concerning. Astraeus lands upon my withers, jolting me at first, though I manage to keep myself from completely panicking and throwing him off. It is all I can do to stay still as he bounces along my back and so I carefully twist my neck to try and press it against him in a comforting manner as Ettore bounces around. Then, he seems to continue bouncing, wanting to join Sohalia's companion as he went along my back.

Gently, I allow him to take place atop my maw before carefully depositing him upon my haunches. Ettore bouncing and chirping happily to try and distract and comfort Astraeus. But it is Sohalia who speaks now, croaking out my name and trying to avoid the healer. She tries to step away only to have her knees buckle and fall against my frame. "Shhh. Shh. Soh it's okay." There is a pause as I take in a deep breath, Sohalia talking about how they had to know she hadn't left and how she'd promised. "Soh, They've been fine - they're okay. They're concerned, but it will hurt them more seeing you like this. You can't even wa-" I'm cut off as she cries out, wincing as I press my frame against hers to try and keep her from completely collapsing once more. She wants to be taken to them, but I can't. There is no way that the two of us can make it all the way to the Throat. I'm not strong enough yet - not after going through something so similar not too long ago. "They've waited, and I'm not strong enough to drag you down to the Throat. They can wait a little longer - if they really care they will wait. Sohalia, you need a healer, and the easiest one for us to access is in the Falls. Come back to the Falls and see Africa and Midas, Africa will heal you, and Midas will no doubt allow you to stay and rest for a little bit." My maw stretches down, trying to press against her cheek, and it is then that I feel her tears. "Oh, sweetie. Please don't cry. We can have Midas send Fina, or I can go down with Alleo to tell Gaucho. But the only home I'm bringing you to is mine. And you are in no condition to fight me on this," I said, a sterner tone to my voice in the end.

Soh needed a healer, and deep down I knew that she understood that. So, Ettore continued his bouncing and clicking, trying so hard to calm down Astraeus while I did all that I could to bring Soh with me back to the Falls.

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
The Stars That Blind Us - by Sohalia - 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Rasta - 01-09-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Sohalia - 01-19-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Rasta - 01-19-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Sohalia - 01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Rasta - 01-22-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Sohalia - 01-23-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Africa - 01-23-2015, 09:47 PM