the Rift

[OPEN] The Stars That Blind Us

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

It was Ettore who moved first, I could only brace my legs in order to keep Sohalia up and upon her feet. But he moved, trying to press up against Astraeus' breast and cling to the warmth while offering support for one that he was considering a brother. He had to be a brother, right? After all, wasn't Sohalia a sister? The strength of the concern that radiated through our bond was something that he could only connect with family.

But, Sohalia. She wasn't calming down and it was making me worry even more. She's choking, sobbing, pleading, and leaning on me even more. It's my panicked mind that searches, having learned just recently that I could move plants to my own whim. A tree was close by… which would mean roots. Cautiously, I called on them, lengthening them and pulling them up and out of the ground. "Don't fret, Sohalia. Use the roots to support you," I warned, before they finally formed crutches to rest just under her wing joints and wrap under her barrel - to give her something to fall against and rest for a few moments before we figured out just how we were going to walk anywhere.

She pleaded, saying that she had to get to those in the Throat. My ears pin back slightly as she shakes and shudders before saying that she couldn't make it to the Falls. My blind gaze rests on the mare's forehead - unable to focus on her actual gaze as she pleads for help. "Sohalia, if you can't make it to the Falls then you definitely cannot make it to the Throat. Even if it's closer, which I doubt, the heat will cause you to become dehydrated and could make it so much worse." I pause, gently pressing my maw against her neck, caressing it and burying my face in her hair for a few moments to collect what little thought I had left while keeping the stilts up so she didn't fall. "Send Astraeus to the Falls for Africa, she's an Earth Medic and she can heal you. We will slowly work our way in that direction and we can meet in the middle. Then we will figure out how to get you to the Throat." My voice breaks as I pull my head out from her clumps of mane. "Please, Sohalia. I can't lose you… I need you as much as you need them. You're like a sister to me, you're family. Just let me help you by going back to the Falls and getting you healed. Soh, we'll get you to them, I promise. But you won't make it there, and I won't make it there with you leaning on me. I'm still weak from my own run in. The Falls is the best option I have… the best option you have..."

The only question now was, would Soh accept the only thing Rasta could offer? Would Soh allow her to help her back to the Falls to heal?

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
The Stars That Blind Us - by Sohalia - 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Rasta - 01-09-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Sohalia - 01-19-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Rasta - 01-19-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Sohalia - 01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Rasta - 01-22-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Sohalia - 01-23-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: The Stars That Blind Us - by Africa - 01-23-2015, 09:47 PM