M
O
R
R
I
G
A
N

His first rush of words fell onto deaf ears, ignoring his words since I could barely comprehend them in the first place. I continued covering his burns with the aloe gel, pausing for a second when he flinched. Out of the corner of my eye I could see that he had eaten the plant without the slightest bit of protest, resisting the urge to smile at the fact that he didn't even question what the plant was. It was a good thing I was comfortable with that particular plant, having used it quite a lot in my youth for the calming agents. Hell, I could have given him a poisonous flower that would make him shit himself for days and he would've eaten it right up. It was that humorus image of Buce bolting to use the bathroom that tugged at the corners my lips ever so slightly. Naturally I would never do such things, but it made me feel better nonetheless.

Once all of his burns were covered in the thick gel, I stepped away to toss the used leaf to the side. I could feel the stallion's eyes on me, and I was beginning to wish that I had eaten a flower or two as well. One ear flicked towards him as the other ear ducked back, nervously listening to his words while dropping my gaze to the sand beneath our feet. With his apology, my scarlet eyes shot back up to see him lean against the tree. With some leftover resentment and bitterness, my ears flicked back slightly. "Yeah, you could say that." My tone still showed that I was angry with him, incredibly offended with everything that had happened between us.

My mind went back to the day that the strange pink winged mare was found yelling at him from the borders of the land, and I shut my eyes with a heavy sigh. Had he not seen me that day? Did he not have any idea that I heard the way he spoke to her? Did he not have any idea that I knew she was carrying his children? It was for the words he threw at her that made it harder for me to take his words seriously. As much as I wanted to turn and run, leave him to wallow in his solitude and continue to hide from him, I stayed. I yelled and screamed inwardly to myself, further insulting myself for acting like an idiot and not running for the hills.

My eyes flutter open to look at him, scraping together every ounce of kindness and courage I could possible muster to speak to him calmly. "I can't forgive you that easily, I won't let myself." I shook my head, my chest beginning to feel hollow once again, and I turned away so as not to look at him. "There is so much that I want to say to you, that should be said to you. And I doubt an ounce of it would make a difference, not when you say one thing then act on another." The desire to drop my head low, to show the betrayel I felt through my body language, was overwhelming. For a moment, I almost gave in to the instinct. But just as I was doing so, a memory of my mother came flashing back to me. I was still quite young, recieving the crown she made for me and hardly being able to balance it on my head. I could hear my mother laughing, saying I will grow into it. 'My Morri, my little princess, remember it is not the hateful words or actions that matter. Wear your crown with pride, never forget this. Remember these words, and carry your crown like a Queen.'

The words had brought a comfort to me growing up, the silver crown a constant reminder to at least try and respect myself first. With a sigh, I honored her words and lifted my crown proudly to look back over my shoulder at Bucephalus with skeptical eyes. It was possible that I knew more than he thought, granted it was possible that he knew more than I did as well. I suppose I would never know without mentioning what I had overheard. "Especially when you speak and act differently towards others..." A glint of anger flashed in my eyes, the slight wrinkle of my brow almost pleading for him to tell me everything that I had seen and heard was nothing more than a dream, an act, anything but true.

Image By Tribs
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
I Know I'm Not Forgiven - by Bucephalus - 01-08-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: I Know I'm Not Forgiven - by Morrigan - 01-09-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: I Know I'm Not Forgiven - by Bucephalus - 01-09-2015, 01:24 AM
RE: I Know I'm Not Forgiven - by Morrigan - 01-09-2015, 02:31 AM
RE: I Know I'm Not Forgiven - by Bucephalus - 01-11-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: I Know I'm Not Forgiven - by Morrigan - 01-21-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: I Know I'm Not Forgiven - by Bucephalus - 01-24-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: I Know I'm Not Forgiven - by Morrigan - 02-01-2015, 10:37 PM