the Rift

[PRIVATE] Could We Maybe...? [Lakota]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Oh, there was no doubt in his mind that the abilities of Lakota's poisons knew no bounds, and that there were effects that not even his talented mind of medicines and the like knew of. While there were some nights that he would enjoy a side-effect of unconsciousness to soothe his damnable, troubled mind, Apollo knew that tonight was not one of them. Oh, no. Here and now, beneath the light of a bright moon on a warm, beautiful spring night, Apollo was content... Yet nervous.

Gods, terribly nervous.

His pleading words, thank Father Earth, seemed to persuade Lakota to stay, and the Poisoner delicately folded her fine, shapely legs beneath her beautiful bulk and returned to laying next to him. The words that came from her lips caused Apollo to start, and his heart beat madly in his chest as his mind absorbed every sensual syllable.

'I'll stay. So long as you want me, Apollo, I will always stay.'

Unbidden, honey-brown eyes locked upon the beautiful lavender orbs of the Poisoner, the maiden of his affection... Or at least one of them. Everything in his mind was screaming at him to shut up, to keep his stupid mouth shut, to not even attempt to speak or breathe because he was going to mess this up so terribly, damage their relationship so irreversibly... But nothing, no amount of fear, of anxiety, of nervousness or stuttering fears could stop him from speaking. He was entrapped by the look of her, the scent of her, laying there by his side beneath the moonlight...

"Then... Then I fear that you will be staying for quite a long time, Lakota, for I will always want you by my side."

Fool, fool, fool! You foolish idiot! His mind was merciless, damning him for his stuttered, ignorant words. What was he doing?! How could he say such things to her? Lakota was beautiful, smart, cunning, voracious in life and the good in all things... And Apollo was just... Just him. Where she was beautiful, he was plain. Where she was strong and magnificent, he was weak and pitiful. Oh, if only she could know how he thought of her, with such fondness and adoration...

Zola looked up at the stag's face, then to the delicate features of the Poisoner, and she continued to purr. The kitten could feel the inner turmoil of her bond-mate, feel his sickness-like nerves and the way that it made his stomach coil and knot, the reverberations of his heart beating manically against his chest, as though at any second it would launch itself out of his mouth and run away...

Lakota went on, and Apollo listened, his body shivering at the name that only she called him. Polly. Unintentionally it brought a grin to his lips, boyish and heartfelt, and soon they were touching muzzles and the Merciful stallion drank in her scent. He bathed in it, worshiped in it, drowning himself in her familiar smell and touch...

Hold me forever... Don't let me go. Don't let me drown.

Her words, that she was not much to miss, caused him to snort and pull back just enough to truly look at her. What nonsense she was speaking... Lakota had seemed to curl into herself, as though by balling herself up would protect her from something. This... Wasn't how she should be. She was always strong, determined, willful, spirited and fiery and so many other things that even Apollo's palette of words couldn't describe. Almost immediately he shook his head, honey-brown pools dripping with warmth, with adoration and understanding and love. Sucking in a slow, calming breath, Apollo opened his mouth and let his heart speak for him.

"Nonsense," he said aloud, instinctively leaning towards her, muzzle reaching although not to touch, but simply to be close, "You are far more than you know, my beautiful Lakota. You are bright, powerful, and loyal. Tenacious, kind, and just. You are fascinating, exquisite, and... And worldly." Funny that, when away from her, he could think of millions of things to tell her... And now that Lakota was here, before him, not a word would come to mind. "A life without you would be dull, colorless, and loathsome, and I... I have come to realize that my affection for you runs far deeper than that of simply friendship or admiration. I... Lakota, forgive me, but... I... Lakota, I've fallen for you. Deeply."

The Merciful stallion went on, his words beginning to fall and stutter together, now that the truth was out. Why stop? Why hide his emotions when he wanted to lay them so bare before her judgement? Let her see all of him... And accept or condemn him for it. "I am troubled, because... Because of this love. Not because I love you, but because I fear that... That I am not worthy. I fear that I will never be worthy. You are so much more than I am, so great and beautiful and... And I know that I am not worth such attention, such affection from you, Lakota, but I just... I had to tell you. I'm... I'm so sorry."

I had to.

I'm sorry...

Don't hate me.

Don't leave me...

Not like everyone else.

@[Lakota]

ooc: ... Burt, I'm sorry. xD Please still love me. ;-;

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread