the Rift

[OPEN] dragonborn

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Though his question to further specify her mother's identity surprised her, the girl hid it well, refusing to be flapped by the boy's inquisition. His was a question the girl had asked herself many a time - where Amaris was a dragon and an equine, so too was her mother, but in an entirely different way. Mirage was born one way, but could become another at will; she was a queen both in the rank she once held as an equine, and in the brilliant golden body she could so easily slip into and out of. The girl remembered the foolish time when she envied her mother's ability to hide her draconic features - it was not until Amaris had travelled to the lands of her father, and been accepted purely for who she was, that the girl had let go of the childish jealousy and begun to also accept who she was in this world. She was Amaris, there was no other way to define her.

"What do you think?" she asks the boy again, her brow arching with a playful challenge. Truly, there was no incorrect answer, and Amaris was not going to shed all the details to him simply because he asked her multiple times.

As her nostrils dip closer to his pelt, she breathes in the wild scent of him, unable to place a single location upon his hide, instead learning that he must be an Outcast, or at the very least, the offspring of Outcast. Gentle laughter erupts from her muzzle as he insists that she will want to taste him when he is older - mostly she is internally relieved to learn that he has an active father figure, which she hoped meant he had some semblance of home and family. "Perhaps," she admitted coyly, though truly, the thought of eating equine flesh was one that had only ever been met with disgust and abhorrence within the girl; she would never commit an act to be called a cannibal.

The dragon spirits had slowed in their dance, mostly they hovered and drifted above the girl's tiara, and as she followed the colt's gaze to them she could not help but smile at the pleasure the presence of their spirits brought her. Another question dropped from his lips (does it ever end?), and the girl found herself far more happy to elaborate on what she knew about her magic.

"In a sense," she admitted to him, laughing lightly as the green came to rest upon her poll. Its touch was both warming and cooling, peculiar, foreign and yet comforting. It never ceased to amaze her just how intimate touching another creatures very soul could be. "We are not bonded through traditional means. They are soul-lights, spirits of dragons who once lived, but no longer do. My magic gives them a passage back into this world; they live again, however briefly, through me." It was the simplest explanation she could muster, though she knew more questions were likely to come from the boy. Amaris allowed another gentle, lilting laugh to drop from her muzzle as the red dragon dropped from the sky to try and land upon the boy's muzzle - they seemed to be able to physically touch others or pass through them at will, and it was a sensation the dragon-girl never grew used to; she wondered what the boy would think.

@[Volterra]
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-09-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-10-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-10-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-11-2015, 04:52 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-12-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-14-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-14-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-16-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-17-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-17-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-19-2015, 01:38 AM