the Rift

[OPEN] dragonborn

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The little queen gave no inclination either way about his answer to her final question about her mother. She merely peered at him with hard, gilded eyes, allowing (or forcing via starvation of answering his every query) him to come to his own conclusions; to draw his own opinion about something. It was a curious experiment for her, to see how others took to limited information and assumed the rest - she would not correct him if he were wrong, nor would she confirm that he was indeed correct. It was a pivotal lesson for her to learn, one that even allowed her to relax about what others might think of her - nothing would change their minds except hard evidence, and she could only give them that evidence (that she was a kind, warm soul, not a bloodthirsty mindless dragon) by being herself, unburdened by insecurities and worries.

A smile pulled at her lips as he exclaimed at her magic. Once again she chose not to delve into further description - yes, they were alive again, but only temporarily. It was proof enough for her that there was some kind of 'life' after death, for the dragon often chittered about events that certainly could not happen within this dimension.

It gave her hope that she had not been able to call upon her mother's dragon, Akaith. It fed her denial of their death.

He asks her an unexpected question then. Amaris gives him a slightly quizzical expression before digesting the information more completely, replacing her warm smile upon her lips as she leaned her muzzle down to brush him comfortingly (and almost affectionately) upon his shoulder.

"In my experience, bonded dragons only intensify all that is within their bonded. So her love for you will not diminish; rather, it will grow as her bonded feels that love." So too, she thought solemnly, will any dark traits intensify. But she only added that last bit to herself, not wanting to burden the colt with such weighted philosophical wanderings.

The red that accompanied her trilled suddenly from on high, causing the girl to glance upwards at the dark canopy. It tugged on her through their connection, and she was suddenly flooded from both her glowing companions to move now. It was not a dangerous need, but more a playful, let's get going move. Amaris sighed, unable to ignore their pleas. Lowering her gaze to the crimson pools of Volterra once more, she spoke softly. "I must be leaving. Take care, Volterra. Until next time," and she bowed her tiara to him (not lowly, but rather as a queen might wave aside her onlookers) and turned surprisingly lightly upon neat caramel-dipped limbs, moving off into the darkness like a strange wraith come back from the dead.

@[Volterra]

SO SORRY for the wait. Amaris muse just poofed on me for a bit. Thought I would wrap this up - feel free to reply, or not, either way, Amaris out xD
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-09-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-10-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-10-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-11-2015, 04:52 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-12-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-14-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-14-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-16-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-17-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-17-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-19-2015, 01:38 AM