the Rift

[OPEN] don't leave me Helios; I think I love you

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin

Icarus flew too close to the sun, it seems. You sort of remember the tail going that he got his wax wings melted, but it seems that this version of the fairytale goes a little different. Your Icarus comes towards you with wings alight, feathered and flapped open, flaming brilliantly but not causing the wielder any distress that you can tell. Icarus, Icarus, your mind drawls out, but you can’t decide if the words actually made it to your lips or not. You guess not, since your ears didn’t seem to pick up any sounds, but one noise does make its way out- a gargantuan groan that is accompanied by a dramatic heave of your chest as Icarus’ hooves assault the sand in their landing.

Are dead? Maybe. The sun was so far away a moment ago, but it seemed to be getting bigger… and hotter… and closer. Oh, wait, no. That’s just Gaucho’s wing, prodding at you. Or is it? Maybe your Icarus is no Icarus at all, but the devil himself raised up from the depths below, come to take you away from this hell that everyone tries to pass off as heaven. Does the devil wear a snake hat? And then, there’s that other problem. See, you don’t actually have that much of a problem if the devil takes you now and secures you away in his harem. You’ve lived a long life of reckless abandon that has left you with many scars.

The problem is, if you let the devil take you now, you’re pretty sure Snowflake will come find you. Fire be damned, her frozen body will surely brave the heat and come drag you back out. There are twins to raise, after all- do you think she’s going to let you get off that easy? “Look devil man,” you slur, your tongue flopping heavily out of the right side of your mouth onto the ground as you lay there. Mmm… dirt. Delicious.

“I’ve done bad things. But you can’t take me now.” Bargaining with the devil? Can he even understand what you’re saying? “Snowflake will kill you. And maybe me.” You laugh at the very idea, again, imagining the Icarus devil’s death by the hooves of your creamy woman. Unimpressed by your bargaining skills, your disoriented companion still seems to know that this is Gaucho and not some fallen angel. In an effort to make you realize your mistake, she morphs into a butterfly and begins flitting around Mara, hoping to stay out of striking distance while still drawing your eyes there- making you remember. Gaucho… snake… Icarus… devil. They all seem to be one.

You laugh again.

Image credits
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: don't leave me Helios; I think I love you - by Oxy - 01-31-2015, 12:53 AM