Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

When he smiled, her smile only widened. When he looked at her with those kind eyes she couldn't help but feel warmth spread around her body. Perhaps it wasn't as cold as she had thought. He seemed very observant of her every move, those eyes looking at every inch of her intently, but not to scrutinize in any way. No, he seemed genuine, just very focused. The way his head shook back and forth, how his lips didn't even try to move to respond, as if he weren't used to it. Oh, how dumb she was. How had she not seen it before? The signs were clear as day, and again she was focused on her past, looking into her mind at her mother. Those blue eyes, her soft grey face, but she never had a voice. No, she had been mute. It had been hard at first to understand her, to get used to her body language and soft grunts and muffles; as far as her vocals would allow her to speak. Myrrine was an intelligent girl though, and with time she had figured out a way to understand, to look into Mother's eyes and know what she was trying to convey. Who would have known that she would have encountered another mute. Had the Gods been trying to tell her something, some divine intervention?

She wasn't sure, but she was very happy when he was soon next to her side, curling up in the bed with her, clearly wanting to stay. She kept her smile ever present, being grateful that he had chosen to keep her company. These nights were lonely, and though this world was dangerous, she had faith that the Gods would grant her safe passage. Letting her muscles finally relax, she rested her skull delicately upon her hooves, looking up at him with her soft hazel gaze. Dark lashes fluttered gently as she remained attentive to him, and once he was settled she spoke again, lower now that they were in a closer proximity,"Is it hard, to not be able to speak?"

Yes, she was being slightly rude by blurting that out, but she couldn't help but ask. She had wanted to ask Mother so many times, to prod into her mind to hear her thoughts without having to decipher those body movements. Not because she was annoyed with having to, but because she knew just how hard it had been for Mother to try and communicate. Especially since the mare had also been deaf. If anyone had been given a crippled start, it had been her. Expression slowly changed to a wistful one at the thought of her beloved parent, before her attention return to the yearling. Scooting a little closer, with his permission, she continued to stare at him pleasantly, beginning to speak again to clarify,"My mother, well, adopted mother, was mute and deaf. I learned how to read her body movements, and she learned how to read my lips when I spoke." The images of her flashed into her mind again, over and over, taunting her little soul and tearing at her insides little by little.

She didn't notice the tears that began to well once again, and instead her face looked into the sky, taking in the large expanse of stars that speckled the dark canvas. She missed her so much. She had never been so homesick before, so ungrateful of what she had now in this world. Because if she had the choice, she knew she would throw all that she'd accomplished here to the wayside to see Mother just one last time. Yes, she had grown fond of Kahlua, Alysanne, and especially Ilios, but they were nothing compared to her dame. Sniffling, she wiped away the tears abruptly, giggling gently to try and shrug off the painful emotions weighing down her dainty body.

She would not ruin this moment, not when she had just met a new friend. He had been kind enough to come and comfort her, even when he knew he couldn't speak words. Did he fear rejection like Mother had? Did his heart break when people looked at him differently just because he wasn't like them? Bile raised into her throat at the last thought, out of shame to those who would think of him any differently. He had feelings too, could function like any other horse, he just couldn't talk about it.

Soon the tears were running again and she couldn't stop them, couldn't stop the quivering of her shoulders as she broke into another sob, pressing her face into the grasses to try and muffle her cries. She felt like a fool, breaking down at the slightest thoughts in front of a stranger. But her heart just hurt, her whole body hurt, and the only release was crying like a little newborn. She had seen too much, suffered more than anyone her age should have to, and this final loss seemed to push her over the edge. She wondered amidst her tears if this boy had just as many obstacles in his small life as she did, or worse, did he have more? Coughing in an attempt to hold back another whimper, she shook her head angrily, hating looking this way. Her eyes met his again, and upon her black maw spread a slightly bitter smile,"You must think of me as a fool. Life has not been kind to either of us."

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: I promise I didn't pull that out of my ass, just an awesome conincidence xD
TAG: Cerin
WC: 911
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
left the secrets - by Cerin - 01-10-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: left the secrets - by Myrrine - 01-13-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: left the secrets - by Cerin - 01-13-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: left the secrets - by Myrrine - 01-13-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: left the secrets - by Cerin - 01-14-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: left the secrets - by Myrrine - 01-14-2015, 09:38 PM