Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
M
E
G
A
E
R
A
Meg had been thinking much of the fiery patron of Dragon’s Throat over the last several days. The tearing away of her bone trophy, the emotion turmoil culminating in the exhilarating (and exhausting) discovery that the Sun God had blessed her with his own pure sunlight had made her more pensive that was quite normal. She remembered her disastrous attempt at repeating the blast of light that had come unbidden, it had left her weak and shaking in the oasis, unable to stand or do much of anything until she’d slept off her exhaustion. It was there, the power and the light, she’d been able to feel that much, but the extent of her control over it was still untested.

Sacre’s question regarding the Sun God had her snapping out of her reverie and she turned her gaze back on the black stallion. She’d never spoken to the God Personally, but all she’d seen of him had inspired love and fear in equal parts. She was trying to work out exactly how to phrase just that when her brother-in-arms came hoving into view. “Brother!” She called back at his greeting, and watched with a grin as he landed and dropped the laden branch in the center of the circle. When he saluted her in his elaborate fashion, she responded with the same and a companionable bark of laughter.

She moved forward with a jaunty stride, her usual pace when she was relaxed within her herd and not in ‘warrior-mode’. Dust fell away from her body in clouds with each step and she leaped carefully over divots and dirt piles towards the sun’s center. She definitely respected Hector’s size and strength, even envied it, but she was becoming too comfortable with him to stand much on ceremony. The massive stallion had always show her the respect of a peer, and that had won him a deep brotherly affection from the battle-mare. Sacre was obviously not ready to be quite as casual with the red beast’s approach and addressed him in a polite tone. “Hector” she supplied when the name was wanted, coming to a halt next to him and the tree had had casually carried.

“Thank you, brother, didn’t realize what hungry work digging was.” She nibbled at the red and green ripping off a clump. She turned her eyes toward Hector at his offer to help, but as she was still chewing, Sacre’s polite answer beat her to the punch. She gave an easy chuckle, swallowing her mouthful. If there had been really that much left, Meg, might have agreed with Sacre, but they had been such a good team that the worked seemed near half done. The pits didn’t need to be that deep did they? With Hector’s help they could be done before the afternoon was done. “You’re welcome to help, it’d be good for you to get some real work done! If you’ve finished with your berry picking, that is…” The sly grin and the exaggerate tone mad her words a clear jest, even if the stoic stallion wouldn’t appreciate it quite as much as she did.

Turning her focus back to the black, she continued their conversation like it hadn’t missed a beat. “The Sun God is impressive, to be sure. Fierce and frightening and…beautiful.” She had to admit that last one, it was true, in a strange sort of way. The deity’s power and light drew Megaera like a moth. “We were speaking of the Sun Celebration.” she added helpfully to Hector in a quick aside. “I’ve never spoken with him, but I’ve seen him several times, always a sight to see! I have felt his power though, at least it must have been from him somehow. Just a few nights ago I…uh… well one minute I was just me and then there was light! All warm and pure and good…” her tone was rapturous, remembering the feeling of the power coursing through her. “It’s like His light was in me, or more like I was the light! It must have lit up the whole Oasis, at least Gaucho said it did, I was bit too dazed afterward to tell.”

- - -

Tags: @[Hector] @[Sacre]
Notes: So I just realized this is one of the first threads where Meg is actually been just bro-ing around, her threads have been so fraught lately!
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Dragon's Throat does it in the Dirt - by Megaera - 01-10-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Dragon's Throat does it in the Dirt - by Megaera - 02-06-2015, 11:54 PM