the Rift

sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say could that lass be i

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
Aisling
when you drem of me, dream when i’ll meet you on that distant shore

Once upon a time, in a land unknown, came a young lass who dreamed of a great adventure. She dreamed of bold knights and fair maidens whose love and great deeds were remembered and told throughout the ages. She dreamed of one day joining their ranks, to be ever remembered in the songs and stories she loved so much. The lass had set out from her emerald homeland with adventure on her mind and a fair tune upon her lips…

“Sé mo laoch mo Ghile Mear
‘Sé mo Chaesar, Ghile Mear,
Suan ná séan ní bhfuaireas féin
Ó chuaigh i gcéin mo Ghile Mear.”

The song that rose through the trees was just as sweet as the day that had dawned only hours before. In the late Birdsong morning, the warmth of Tallsun was already being hinted at with the sun, so strong and bright, filtering down through the canopy. The breeze rustled to tops of the trees, but little of it made it all the way down to the ground where the graceful little mare waltzed through the winding paths between the mountains an into the land where her story was destined to unfold. She sang as she moved, and her steps were almost those of a dance, changing in rhythm to match the beat of the tune she sang. It was an old song of her homeland, of a longing maiden and her king, her ‘gallant darling’ far off in exile. The story was a good one to act as an introduction for any to the girl who sang it, for she was destined ever to be caught in tales of gallantry and loved nothing more thain raising her voice in song.

She moved carelessly through the forest, not knowing where she might be leading herself to. One might have thought that a girl her size should have been more careful on her own, for indeed she was quite short, though sturdily built and sure upon her quick feet. The dappled of sun that descended through the green leaves glowed off her creamy pelt, and played with the fluttering green ribbon that trailed from her thickly braided mane. She wore cuffs too, rich brown leather worked with the heraldry of her homeland that wrapped themselves aroundher front legs. They had been a gift from her mother, as a reminder of home, and she wore them proudly wherever she went.

“Seal dá rabhas im’ mhaighdean shéimh,
‘S anois im’ bhaintreach chaite thréith,
Mo chéile ag treabhadh na dtonn go tréan
De bharr na gcnoc is in imigéin.”

- - -

Notes: Mo Ghile Mear is the song she is singing (and this is also her voice model as well) Translation for funsies! Also, unfinished appreaence ref She's going stright to the Ruh Troupe because duh, but she also likes friends so anyone's welcome but mostly Kvo and Finn(if Dingo wants to thow him in, too)
Tags: @[Kvothe] ~ @[Finn]

Messages In This Thread
sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say could that lass be i - by Aisling - 01-10-2015, 11:14 PM