the Rift

sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say could that lass be i

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
Aisling
when you dream of me, dream when i’ll meet you on that distant shore
It had been little over a year since the little mare had crossed the channel from her home to the wide shore. In that time she’d met a good many herds and other wanderers along her path; some were wearisome and others had been pleasant for a while, but not so greatly as to hold her fleeting fancy for long. Certainly, none had captured her delight so quickly and completely as this fateful encounter in the green wood. For surely it is fate that two souls of the fair isle might meet halfway across the world on the most glorious of springtime mornings.

She laughed again as the stallion apologized for his tiny charge, such a small thing with the attitude of an emperor. “’Tis honored I am to meet you, Elodin the Magnificent.” She said, ringing voice all lighthearted mirth and she dipped her head in a little bow to the proud creature who was, in the safety of his guardian, the most precious thing on the earth. She raised her eyes back to the roan and considered him for a moment in her usual dreamy fashion as he spoke.

“And a joy to meet you, Kvothe, even more happy a chance in this wide wood if there are none other of our countryman to be found. A rover you may be, but still one of the old blood and not too long away if you can speak our words so wonderfully.” A Gypsy! What a romantic notion. Blood of the Old Land but with a wandering heart and wandering feet. Dark and mysterious with the charm of sweet bells chiming upon his brow. A silver-tongued traveler, what adventures he must have!

The girl’s heart near melted when he named her one of the Fair Folk. Her heart wasn’t vain, but it was still quick to flutter at such lovely words. “No faerie am I, though me Ma always said she’d stolen one of their voices for me.” She had always loved her mother’s story and the grin on her face turned a tad wistful as she thought of home. She’d see her family again, she was sure of that one day, but adventure had called her and she must find that first. “T’was my feet that set the path and I’ve no particular errand here. Truly, I’m afraid I got a little caught up in the song and the beauty of the morn to keep an account of which way I was going and I’m not sure where here is. Will this be a land you’re familiar with then, Kvothe?”

- - -

Actions in the living world.
Daydreams and foolish fantasies.
“Words spoken aloud.”
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say could that lass be i - by Aisling - 01-15-2015, 11:00 PM