the Rift

sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say could that lass be i

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

Elodin blinks at her as she addresses him, and although he doesn't understand the words I can both see and feel his growing pride, puffing out his chest as he prances away to explore, little tail sticking up in the air. "You know not the horror you have just fueled." I laughed softly, looking after Elodin before turning towards Aisling.

She does not scorn my wandering blood; far from it, she seems to honour it. I bow my head deeply to her, bells singing to the morning air. "My mother taught me many languages, but aye, mostly she taught us the tongue of our ancestors." Not for the first time the thought that my mother possessed foresight flashed through my mind. Many things she had taught Bast and I had proven invaluable in our lives, kept us alive and thriving.

However it is when the lass mentions her own mother that i break out into a grin. "Surely there is a faeling mourning the loss of such a beautiful voice." Her question causes me to pause, then shake my head in regret. "Nay lass. I've not been here long 'ere you arrived. Only a week or two." But in that time i had seen much, met quite a few... Made me curious as to whether or not my life would continue to be so... interesting.

My bi-colored gaze flickers over Aisling, curiosity rising within me until i felt the need to speak freely. "If you're looking for a home, lass... i cannot offer you such. But mayhap i can offer family." I straightened, neck arched. Okay, maybe i was posing(Elodin caught it, and i could feel his amusement at my posturing), but what i was doing i felt the need for a bit of formality, and my dear mother always told me: 'Posture is everything. If you wish to be treated a prince, stand like one. If you wish to be a beggar, cower as such.'

Never had truer words been spoken. I've posed as a king, as a wizard, a god and a leper. Anything was believable if one merely acted as such, and acting i was now. I drew myself up to full height, bells tingling in the wind that tousled my mane, and i had to keep a smile from my solemn face. Seems even the wind wished to add to my posture.

"I wish to formally extend an offer to you, Aisling, to join my family, the Ruh Troupe. We are wanderers, those who's souls will not let us remain in one place. We are performers, singers and dancers, storytellers and poets. And we are family." Despite my regal posture, i do not mask the softness around my features, and my head bows slightly to her.

"Will you honor us by joining our family?"

OOC: Hope you don't mind the table change! XD
@[Aisling]

Messages In This Thread
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say could that lass be i - by Kvothe - 01-18-2015, 08:09 PM