the Rift

sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say could that lass be i

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

There is a faint silence as the girl is lost within her mind, but I wait patiently for her to return. And soon, she does, and with eagerness she accepts my offer, and a grin breaks out across my face in delight. This faerie-sung mare would make such a grand addition to the troupe, I was sure Finn would prance with delight...

That image, of the plucky little butterball dancing... A snort of laughter escapes me, my growing fondness for the man warming my chest. "I am pleased to hear such! You, fair maiden of olde, have lightened my step with delight!" I winked, then grinned impishly, sheepishly.

"As of the moment, only myself and a man named Finn are what make up the Ruh Troupe... but we hope to gather more members, more singers and bards and magicians and traders." It is my turn to take on the dreamy tone. I could just picture it now; the festivities, the cheer, the laughter, the sound of children at play or bombarding a storyteller with questions.

It is my dream, my hope and desire to see such a thing come to pass. A growing dream that I am slowly nurturing, like a delicate flower in inhospitable soil, tended by gentle hands with skill.

"We are small right now... but soon I hope that we shall be able to bring stories and cheer to Helovia... especially in such a dark time." My thoughts once more went to the rumors, the murders. And not for the first time I wondered at Finn's health; when we had departed once more I warned him to do as I did and stay off the paths, to tread with all the silence of a woodsman and leave as little trace of passing as possible. I could only hope that he heeded my advice, and was safe at the rendezvous point.

"I am fixing to return to Finn, so that we may begin to plan what we shall do, if you would care to join me and allow me to introduce him to you? I am sure he will find you most charming." I grin at Aisling, at my gypsy sister.

@[Aisling]

Messages In This Thread
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say could that lass be i - by Kvothe - 01-24-2015, 06:53 PM