the Rift

[OPEN] beasts and burdens;
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
La belle époque. The time before the war. The.. the calm before the storm. The normalcy before a change. The silence of the earth before a quake.

The quiet inhalation before a scream.

A small, insignificant moment, a phase, one you only recognized after it was past, exchanged for the roar of something new. Something dark. The apathy of his existence had been transformed into a bone-deep hunger, a need flaying him from within, burning just behind his teeth and darkening his vision. Frost lurked just a breath away, just a touch away, slept in his diluted blood and battled with birds of fire in his chest. They wanted out. They all wanted out. His veins thrummed with power, fragile mind barely able to contain it—he didn't want to, but he had to, because even at this point, he was responsible.

In control.

Machination. Perfection. A beast so eloquently tamed it offered no resistance, simply obeyed without question until the end. He wanted the bonds to break but they were anchored too deeply in his soul. Without them, he didn't know how to exist, and so he remained a slave to himself.

He stood before a building of unity, a shrine to peace, but he felt nothing but the blackness of his pain. Where it had leeched away his strength it now empowered him, gave him strength to stand instead of fall to his knees and weep—but for how much longer? These things always had finite life. Could be ten seconds. An hour. Two days. A week. Maybe, maybe, half a season.

Harsh breaths punctuated the stillness of the night, his presence silencing the nearby animals. He smelled of wrath and salt.

Psyche was dead.

She wasn't just gone from his life, able to fit comfortably back in when they ran across one another again, but she was dead, forever locked away from him by their own mortality. She was dead and he was not and the anger at whatever fucking snake had killed her ate the shame, the guilt, and the sorrow. His soul was on fire, slowly burning whatever was still left of him.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

The noise quivered and rasped through black nostrils, white flanks shuddering in the darkness.

[ @[Malificent]! I know we mean to do a spar but I honestly didn't mean for him to be this close to snapping right now :P he did it by himseeelf I'm innocent D: ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
beasts and burdens; - by Mauja - 01-11-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: beasts and burdens; - by Malificent - 01-12-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: beasts and burdens; - by Mauja - 01-13-2015, 04:21 AM
RE: beasts and burdens; - by Malificent - 01-19-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: beasts and burdens; - by Mauja - 02-02-2015, 05:31 AM