the Rift

[OPEN] here's my dilemma

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

There was no where to practice! I swear, I'm never going to fly. I can't just fly at the Falls, I can't risk anyone seeing me fall on my face. That would be embarrassing. So where do I go? I kind of just meander around for a little bit. At least I know how to walk now, in fact, I'm rather graceful. I can run around and not look like a drunken idiot. So, it was nice to be able to do that. That's what I do now, and I take off running. I saw something before when I had been at the rotunda, and it looked cool. It was distant, but I was confident I could get myself there in one piece, or at least try.

So tiny hooves fly against the ground as the wind rushes past my face. I have to admit, it kind of looked cool when I ran. Since I was breathing heavier, and I was moving much fast, I would leave little puffs of smoke trails behind him. It was cool to watch, i'd have to learn to make shapes someday. Cause if I could do that.. I would be the most beloved kid of all time! At least I hope so.

It wasn't long though before something else took my attention. Before me was a huge strip of like soft land. The closer I got to it, the more my hooves sank into it. Until, then it gobbled up my hoof! "I'm being eaten!" I squeal, quickly backing up onto more solid ground. What sorcery was this?! Tentatively I lift my hoof and poke at it. Again, the stuff slides over what I press into it. I shoot it an evil look before spotting a small rock back a few feet. I trot over and pick it up, apologizing if I kill it. I need a test dummy though, and I would be missed more than a rock. No offense rock.

Taking it carefully into my mouth, I walk back over to the edge of the eating land, and then fling the rock with my head into the weird stuff. I watch intently as it lands, puffing a little of the eaty-land around it, before settling into a little comfortable position. The ground din't help it, it just looked like it was cradling the rock. I tilt my head, and now I must find out myself.

Quickly I bound forward, until all four of my hooves are stuck into the sand. It holds me up, but cushions my weight. Hey.. this stuff is kind of fun! I kick up my heels, sending sand flying in all directions, when it suddenly hits me. THIS STUFF CAN HELP ME FLY. A grin spread across my face and I stop, spreading my wings out. I must do this now, because this will catch me if I fall. Flapping as quickly as I can, I start moving forward and suddenly-

"Holy horse poop I'm in the air!" A large smile is now plastered on my face, even though its only about a foot above the sand. It was a good start though! However, I could feel my energy quickly waning, and as soon as my wings slowed, I fell front-first into the sand. my front knees hit first, followed by the rest of my small body that crinkled beneath me. I huff of pain was emitted from me, as I struggled to my feet.

This stuff hurt, a lot. A little bit of blood was stuck to my knees, and I was covered in sand. It was a pathetic sight really, but I knew it was probably better to fall on this than on the hard ground. The Gods know I'd be in a lot of trouble if that happened.

"talk talk talk"
[Open to anyone. ^^]
Coding by Tamme

Messages In This Thread
here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-11-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-15-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-20-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-22-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-27-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-30-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 02-06-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 02-07-2015, 10:06 PM