the Rift

[OPEN] here's my dilemma

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

I'm really, really happy that Cheska was letting me lean on her. I felt so stupid and immature for crying. I wasn't supposed to cry, ever. I needed to be the strong twin, the one that made sure everyone was safe. How was I supposed to keep everyone safe when a little sand makes me feel horrible? How am I supposed to live up to dad when I can't even fight? They're all going to be so disappointed in me if they find out.

For now though, I need to let Cheska help me. I know I can't handle myself right now, and her stories and words are oddly comforting. Kind of like a second mom, but not really a mom, just like a mom that isn't a mom but is like a friend. Yeah, Cheska is my friend. Granted we've just met, and I still don't actually know her name, but her words are just so awesome. I can't help but smile as she talks of the sea, and how the first pegasus and unicorn were born. One was the sea, roaring and cutting. The other, ice and stone. Like mom and dad, just reversed. Mom was the ice and stone, and dad was the roar. I smile, deducing that if that is the case, it makes sense. The water can tear at stone, so maybe that's why it stings a little, because I'm also a unicorn. So I snuggle even closer, as if I think I can meld into her safety.

Though, her next words I know are not true. I know my sister was nice and all, and would sacrifice herself (or so she said at the egg thing), but did she mean it? She may have just been saying that because the furry rat wanted an answer. I shuffle my feet in the sand, as if afraid to ask her. She doesn't know Shida, but did she have a sister? "I'm feeling better, but, how do you know my sister will save me? Do you have a sister?" I ask, my voice actually calm now. The only remnants of my incredible pain was seen in the reddened eyes and tear-streaked face. "What if she lets me die because she doesn't want me?" I add pointedly, and sort of accusingly. Dwelling on negative thoughts was a dark place, and every time I even wandered close it liked to take me over. I always tried so hard to avoid it, but it never works.

I reach up my little nose towards her, amber eyes staring at her intently from my little spot at her side. She didn't have wings or a horn.. was she from a different place, what was the hornless and wingless story? I know they exist, because I've seen a few before her. It's just not polite to ask. "You don't have wings or a horn, so where did your kind come from?" My mind-gears crank and creak, trying to come up with every possibility. If they were born from ocean, the other from mountains... was the hornless and wingless from the earth? That'd be pretty dang cool. "What's your name?" I add quickly. I like hearing horses names. Some of them were smooth, others were rough. By the looks of it, Cheska had a nice smooth name. One that when you heard reminded you of home.

"talk talk talk"
@[Cheska]
Coding by Tamme

Messages In This Thread
here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-11-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-15-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-20-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-22-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-27-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-30-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 02-06-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 02-07-2015, 10:06 PM