the Rift

[OPEN] here's my dilemma

Cheska Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky

Cheska
I will be your shield when you are a soldier

As a stone sailed past her, she had one distinct thought: this child ain't one bit right in the head. That lasted all of a millisecond before she shrugged off the knee-jerk sentiment, deciding that right in the head was a severely overrated condition whose sufferers were doomed to lives of mediocrity. She settled instead on an exaggerated a wince as the rock hit water. "Ooof. Probably just knocked one clean out," she hooted. "Remind me not to ruffle your feathers near any blunt objects."

She blinked slowly at the next question, not entirely understanding. Of course her mother loved her, how could anyone not? She wasn't sure she had a story or a pearl of wisdom for that one. So... she decided to write one. If you haven't got a good story, make one the hell up. She wasn't sure who'd told her that one, but it was good advice. A storyteller's best assets were her memory and her ability to weave glorious tons of bullshit into gold. And oh, had the mare ever played Rumpelstiltskin over the years. She bumped the available nose one more time, both a play for time to think and an encouraging gesture.

"I'm somebody's mom, so I reckon that makes me an authority on the subject," she began, once again in lecture mode. "So let me tell you why your momma's got to love you. A-Number-One, your momma and daddy had to like each other enough to make you and your sister, right? That little bit of love's like sand in an oyster, and it grows and grows until you're born, and when you little pearls come out blinkin at your momma, she can't help but fall madly in love with you. All mommas do. We just can't help it. It's kind of like... magic." She giggled gently here. "And B-Number-Two, look at you. You got wings and smoke and bells and whistles and a helluva mouth. Who wouldn't love you?" She finished this matter-of-factly. Of course, she wasn't as stupid as she appeared. She knew others who had lived difficult lives, been abandoned, lost parents. Her own daughter lived most of her life without her idiot father. She just couldn't look into those eyes and be expected to remain pragmatic. This particular story was just meant to have a happy ending.

Still, she was pleased to let the conversation go to chase after her young friend. Slowly, of course. She was a filly at heart but she'd put on a few tons in her years. She wandered down the beach a ways before answering the question posed. "Sometimes I sleep in the forest, sometimes closer to the meadow." She tossed her head in a shrug. "Wherever I figure I won't get eaten... So I guess you can visit me whenever you please." She pawed at a rock with her wide hooves. Nothing. "Does your family live far? You all together?" Conversational, but lit with genuine curiosity. Mostly because she wondered if some angry mother was going to spring out of the forests and accuse her of grand-theft daughter. Twasn't doing nothing, ma'am. Just thought I'd have a quick kidnappin. Don't fuss none.

She kicked over another broad, flat rock. She saw a flash of shelled movement and shoved her noseat it immediately. She regretted it instantly. "OH, CONFOUND IT! HE'S GOT ME!" She emerged with a crab clamped firmly to her left nare. She shook her head furiously, but the little beast held tight. Stars of pain exploded behind her eyes. "Oh, gods, I think it's killin me!" She'd challenged the claw thing... and she had been handily defeated. She closed her eyes and waited for the sweet release of death.

count] 619
tags] @[Auriel]
ooc] No, I love Auriel! These two are so perfectly weird for each other.

Messages In This Thread
here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-11-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-15-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-20-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-22-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 01-27-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 01-30-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Auriel - 02-06-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: here's my dilemma - by Cheska - 02-07-2015, 10:06 PM