the Rift

[OPEN] This is MINE.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

Hertz

In all of my gasping, the sound of Alija and Aakesh's voices were lost over the stretch of warm sand that sprawled out around us. A snort tore through my paper thins, sending a spray of embryonic fluid flying through the dry, warm air where it would cascade to the sands below and seep into the eager, dry grains. I supposed it was about now that the duo who had saved my life, even though at this point I didn't know that, realized that it was no longer an egg that they were protecting but rather the foal who had came from their prize. The brightness of this new world was slowly beginning to fade and when the purple antlered creature stepped over me, her wonderfully colored skull blocked the ball of light from blinding me and I could finally stop blinking like a fool.
Before I even had a chance to focus on whoever it was that was standing over me, she was leaning downwards her warm, gentle tongue cleaning my sticky newborn body. It wasn't long before a dark face was pressed close to mine, the slightly older colt's muzzle close to mine, blowing warm air against my own navy features. The right corner of my dark lips turned up in a smile as instinct kicked in and a blast of my own air was sent back to the colt that was quickly becoming family. "Oh sweety, where is your mother?" The mare spoke as she stepped away, satisfied I was clean to the full extent.
The smile on my face grew slightly, not quite understanding the mare's words but liking the sound of her voice, as I stretched my new wings out and attempted to stand on long and wobbly limbs. "Well Aakesh, looks like you have a new little brother. Lets name him, Hertz." Aakesh. Aaskesh was my new brother, and I was Hertz. The whole distraction of names ruined my first attempt at standing, but there would always be another chance once all of the excitement going on died off. I leaned into the mare my mother's touch as the air began to fill with the sound my new brother's voice. "Come on Hertz stand up, you have to be hungry after all that! Actually... I'm hungry after that." As quickly as he spoke the colt was gone, sliding around to the side of our mother, sharp pains began to attack me from the inside of my stomach causing a bewildered look to cross over my sporty features while my skull turned just enough that baby blues could lock in onto the origin of the pain.
An infantile bleat slipped off of my new vocal chords as I scrambled onto shaky legs, this time succeeding and standing without falling back onto the remains of my safety pod and the warm sand. It didn't take me long to realize that I needed these strange appendages to be able to move forward and to the other side of our mother, I latched on quickly and the flow of milk was nearly instantaneous. My short, brush like tail smacked against my hips happily.
Everything was good in the world now that I had a full stomach and was free from the pod that had quickly grown too small.

"talk talk talk"
Tag;; @[Alija]
Words;; 548
Notes;; <3

image credit

Messages In This Thread
This is MINE. - by NPC - 01-12-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: This is MINE. - by Alija - 01-12-2015, 06:32 PM
RE: This is MINE. - by NPC - 01-12-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: This is MINE. - by Hertz - 01-13-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: This is MINE. - by Alija - 01-13-2015, 03:14 AM
RE: This is MINE. - by Hertz - 01-13-2015, 03:23 PM