the Rift

[PRIVATE] :: Murder Clue Eight :: Continuation
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia made to leave, her hooves already dancing toward the exit when the familiar sound of wooshing flames made her stir. She stiffened, all too familiar with that bite against her hide, and Tinek quickly descended to her back, red eyes glaring at the offending, white stallion. The pale princess turned on her haunches, leaving a wake of billowing, bloody hair in the wind. Psyche was burning. Just like her mother. One by one, her family fell, their bones turning to ash and disappearing as if they had never existed.

What legacy would Psyche leave behind? Sno? The memories she apparently shared with Mauja? Her stomach turned. How long ago had this been? Sno barely seemed an adult. Did his flirtations cross over? The timeline had to. There was no other way, and she felt the icy walls and steel armor wrap around her insides, protecting them as she stared with dry eyes at the scene unfolding. Unfeeling was better than pain - at least at this moment.

She ignored by accepted the passing words of anger. She saw Tandavi appear. The form of Roskuld was just a glimmer, one she wanted to follow but did not see until it was too late. Yelling created chaos, too many bodies in one place filled with too much emotional, and she was overwhelmed. Pale ears laid back against her skull, the ache in her chest dull and throbbing - easily ignored. But the mystery remained unsolved, and her suspicions were confirmed by Mauja's question.

But why?

With billowing flames her suspect returned to the scene of the crime. The stallion swept in, and she was surprised at his restraint even with his yelling accusations. Why would the murderer return to the scene of the crime? None of this made sense. Gaucho's mind was blocked in a way she couldn't see, but she had assumed it was because of whatever drugs his homeland herd had given him to forget. Idiots. Yet he stood here, casting his words against Mauja.

Of course she had been told that he had disappeared into the sea. The only reason she had been attacked was because Gaucho had thought she was a part of that plot to disappear. As for Mauja's actual crimes, she was unaware. The invasion could certainly be related, but this seemed far too personal. Her first instinct, seeing Mauja over the body, had been to suspect him too, but he seemed quite heartbroken over the entire ordeal. Obviously, since he now stood over the ashen, charred corpse of his mate.

Ophelia took a single step forward, standing between the two stallions. She narrowed her gaze at Gaucho. The snake skin pointed so easily to him, but yet here he stood accusing someone else. She didn't think Gaucho dishonest enough for such a ruse - not when his morals and tenants were so fundamentally simple. "We found snake skin upon her corpse," she said pointedly, looking at Gaucho.

Mauja could answer for himself. "I know of no other snake than Mara. Do I have permission to look into your mind again?"

That was only somewhat a question.

@[Gaucho]
@[Mauja]
@[Kahlua]
@[Snö]

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
:: Murder Clue Eight :: Continuation - by Ophelia - 01-12-2015, 01:45 PM