the Rift

[OPEN] Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

To deny that i enjoyed Maren's company would be a bold-faced lie. As we walked, i told her all i knew of the Throat, of current alliances and tensions, of the murders and dangers she would face as a new Helovian. I did not mind the long trip from the Threshold to the sands of the Throat, it was good to actually walk every now and then. I was mindful, however, of her endurance, and made sure to stop whenever she showed signs of tiring.

But soon, as the sun began to rise, we crossed the land bridge, and i raised my head to the sun, enjoying the warmth that chased away the chill of the desert night. Home. I wished at times like this that i could hear the Sacre, if only to hear the power and beauty of the desert as the sun kissed it's edge.

I pause, bowing my head and arching my wings, paying homage to the Wind and Sun, but alas for a shorter time than i normally would have. Once done, i turned to face Maren, bowing my head and sweeping out my wings in a broad gesture, a grin tugging at my lips. "Allow me to welcome you to the Dragon's Throat, Maren." I raise my head, gazing back out at the orange-pink sand, watching a dust swirl race across the dunes, stirred to action by the shifting air.

"As a member of the Throat, you can choose from a number of jobs here. There are the Healers, Spies, Crafters, Disciples, and the Warriors. Healers, of course, practice the art of medicine. Spies work with information, Crafters deal with creating objects out of metal. Disciples are the ones closest to our patron, the Sun God, and Warriors is pretty much self-explanatory. As Chancellor i can formally accept you into a herd and get you set up in your new rank." I grin, ears pricked towards the winged mare.

She didn't seem the warrior type to me, but i could be wrong. If anything i picked up Healer or Disciple from her... but no matter her choice i would make sure she was set up and ready.

Word Count: 363 Tags: @[Maren]
CREDITS
Jello88.deviantart.com | Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com | Tumana-Strock.deviantart.com | XResch.deviantart.com | cooltext.com | Made by euphoraxio.deviantart.com | Table by Linds |

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-13-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-14-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-23-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-28-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-30-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-31-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 04:22 PM