the Rift

[OPEN] Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
She seems to understand that her joke was in...poor taste, and I offer her a smile, but I cannot help the faint uneasiness that courses through my veins when her gaze gets... odd. As if she is trying to look past my friendliness, and see what lies at my core. It terrifies me.

What if she saw him? Saw the creature that lurked beneath my skin, at slumber for now, but ready to stir and tear apart my growingly steady life with claws of deceit and cruelty? Morrigan had struck too close, her questions stirring his ire, and somehow I had managed to worm my way out of admitting what I knew to be true.

I was insane. Completely, utterly insane. How could I not be?

I

Hear

A

Fucking

Voice

In

My

Head

Last I checked, that warranted being insane. Yet I clung to every scrap of reality, of assurance, that maybe...maybe someone would understand. Would help. Would chase him away and grant me peace, so that I could stop holding others away, so that I would be free to throw caution into the wind and experience everything with a reckless, light heart, without having to constantly check myself lest he regains control.

Movement pulls my gaze to Maren as she slips down the dune towards the fire, and a fond smile pulls my lips up. Seems Disciple was a fitting choice for her... if she was drawn to the mystical flame... or repulsed by it. Her voice held no change, but her wings were clamped to her ears...and trembling. Maybe this wasn't the profession for her. My smile drops, and at her question I cannot help but shrug.

"That...is better suited for Amani to answer. I think it came from the Sun God, so that he may communicate with his seers." Speaking of...where was she? The shadows were growing longer, the sun heavy in the sky. Perhaps she was away on business, or roaming the land and would return soon. Either way...I'd best bring this new family member to the others. "Come, let's go introduce you to your new family, and maybe get some rest." I grin at her, then wait for her to approach before I begin walking towards the herd.

Towards home.

(OOC: Figured we could wrap it up here?)
Word Count: 382 Tags: @[Maren]
CREDITS
Jello88.deviantart.com | Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com | Tumana-Strock.deviantart.com | XResch.deviantart.com | cooltext.com | Made by euphoraxio.deviantart.com | Table by Linds |

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-13-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-14-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-23-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-28-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-30-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-31-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 04:22 PM