the Rift

[OPEN] Take it in Once More

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Flight was a gift not given to many; Amaris was fortunate to have inherited her father's traits enough that wings sprouted from the blades of her shoulders. They were large and strong, with thick membrane stretched between the fingers that filled with the wind as her bodice lifted to the skies. The girl had been flying for some time now, and it was some surprise that she realised just where she was flying -North.

Golden pools reflected the mountains ahead, and she recalled the vague 'civil' agreement her homeland held with the unicorns that resided within those cliffy hills. The dragon-girl blew a soft breath through her nares, tasting the air with the depths of her lungs; feeling the ice sizzle against her fiery interior as it attempted, and failed, to chill her. The girl was more dragon than equine; cold had never bothered her, and heat was merely reflected off the brilliant golden scales that swirled and twirled along her hide.

By her side few a bright white light, a friend in this chilly environment, a companion of a sort - a spirit summoned from its afterlife to join her for a time in this plane of life. The girl had been born with her powers, she did not know why or how they worked, only that they did; it was not often she was found without a glowing lantern of a passed soul gleaming by her side. The little white light provided a chorus of song as they flew, darting in and out of Amaris' limbs, chattering all the while within the girl's own mind.

Do you feel cold? The golden child questioned, wondering just what her spirit friends could 'feel' when they were summoned back into this realm by the whim of her magic.

I feel you, the white replied, also giving the strong impression in Amaris' head that it seemed to be connected to her nervous system (though Amaris had little understanding of that, only that it apparently was something inside her), and through that, it could feel what she felt. The girl thought this rather an insufficient answer, but upon pressing for more information, the white merely continued to flood her mind with images and ideas of lights merging, of two forms becoming one, of droplets of water sploshing together until only one droplet remained - it was all done so fast and jumbled that the dragon-child found herself descending in her flight, stretching her long limbs out and cantering into a landing.

Shaking her tiara to attempt to end the cacophony inside, she pinned her ears at the little white light that still followed her, threatening to cut off her magic and send it back to where it came from. A rough snort left her nostrils as the white settled down (far more subdued now), while Amaris took the opportunity of quiet to slow her pace and take stock of her surroundings. The Steppe, she thought to herself, having never travelled this far north before, yet knowing the place by name. With a shrug of her shoulder, she came to the conclusion that she may as well explore while she was here, she continued to walk with interest gleaming behind her eyes as she drank in the surrounds.

ooc :: @[December] she hasn't seen you yet ;D
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Take it in Once More - by December - 01-13-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: Take it in Once More - by Amaris - 01-14-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: Take it in Once More - by December - 02-06-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: Take it in Once More - by Amaris - 02-21-2015, 01:31 AM