Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
T
O
R
L
E
I
K

Though he certainly was not fond of Mauja, even Ktulu's disposition when he mentioned Polkadot's name was a surprise. "Kill him? Perhaps that would soothe her soul but...I'm not so sure. I know there is a darker side to her, but I don't want to...encourage that. I would rather take the weight of a death on myself than leave it on her," he murmured. His brows quirked at Ktulu's further words, smiling slowly. "You're a good sister," he said gently. "I can't deny the thought of you killing him long ago being...satisfying."

To have Mauja out of the picture...to have him completely gone...it was selfish as hell, but it gave Torleik a dark sort of glee. Guilt trickled in that he felt so about the death of another but his heart was tied to Ophelia now, in whatever way it had managed, and he was a jealous man. Couldn't help it. Love had never been easy for him so he held fiercely to whatever he managed to catch - and Ophelia was a soul-shattering catch. He would fight for her.

The dark sister inquired as to what he meant of their history and the black stallion shrugged, annoyed. "I know little. She said she was a fool to think he might actually love her, more or less. That he actually cared. That she was foolish and...had been pushed away by all she'd cared for and just wanted one of them to love her - and I suppose he offered some measure of care before abandoning her," he offered. The general's smile was grim, rough. "I like to think that means utterly nothing happened, for my own...sanity. Phi does not seem the type, if I know her at all, but I would not be surprised if what I think I know of her is completely off. My sense for women tends to be rocky at best, it seems. My heart speaks far too loudly for my sense to be heard."

But Ktulu reassured him that Ophelia liked him, hesitating at a point, and his brows furrowed. Was this some secret the negative-image sibling should not share? She continued, regardless, letting him know that her crimson sister found the Basin a livable place due to his presence. This was surprising and his face showed it, then transitioned to a cautious sort of hopeful happiness. "I am...I have a much better reason to remain in the Basin, now that she is there," was his honest response. The Constrictor threatened him quite clearly then, and, though it was perhaps foolish, Torleik smiled back at her.

"If I ever wound Ophelia beyond what I can repair, I will welcome the pain you offer in recompense. I do not run from my crimes." Trying to prove he was not only a good man to her sister, but a good man in general, he asked as to Ktulu's well-being because he honestly cared. It seemed the Constrictor was a well-seasoned warrior and held a high rank in the World's Edge. He frowned. So she lived with Brisa. The sour thought was quickly dismissed to focus on the now. A new magic? Fascinating.

"What magic? I suddenly came upon new magic some seasons ago, too, and it was...thrilling. I admit I have used it rarely; I am a man of practicality, not magic - though I fully believe in it and always have."

@[Ktulu]

Table by Jen
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
nothing but tarnished memories - by Ktulu - 01-14-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: nothing but tarnished memories - by Torleik - 02-06-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: nothing but tarnished memories - by Ktulu - 02-19-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: nothing but tarnished memories - by Torleik - 04-21-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: nothing but tarnished memories - by Ktulu - 05-04-2015, 11:18 PM