the Rift

freedom [varath]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
There's a wonderful feeling of freedom when running. The way the wind whips through your hair, the smell of the grass, the drumming of hooves against the earth, and the tempo of your heart beating in your ears. It all comes together to create a beautiful symphony that is all its own. Nothing else can match it and the best part of it is each run has a different melody.

The land gradually changes from the hard ground I had been running on to softer soil before turning to sand. Over the course of it changing the melody changed as well and became softer. The sound of ocean waves was added to it and above me Tallis began to trill his own song to go along with the melody. I laughed and kicked my heels up and ran harder, faster. Sand flew behind me in great clouds as I angled my body toward the ocean.

My body met with the waves and the melody made an abrupt change. The drumming of hooves was replaced by the beating of my heart in my ears and the crash of the ocean waves against my dark body. Tallis circled overhead before he started his decent and landed upon my back. His clawed feet gripped my hide, pinching the skin but not piercing it as always. He was remarkably gentle for a dragon and sometimes I wondered why that was. Perhaps it was my mother gentleness that had made him so gentle.

"It's a beautiful day, Tallis." I spoke to the dragon who trilled a song in answer to me. I smiled and turned my head to eye the dragon that rested on my back. "We can rest here then go for another run, unless you're too tired." In response he snorted a puff of smoke at me and I laughed again.

Messages In This Thread
freedom [varath] - by Aylin - 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: freedom [varath] - by Varath - 09-16-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: freedom [varath] - by Aylin - 09-18-2012, 06:22 PM