the Rift

Blinding [Goddess of the Moon]

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

image by deadair @ flickr.com</style>

round up all the pieces, but they just don't fit the same.</style>

Young colt sees the beauty of a goddess before him, and wonders if what he feels for her is love. Surely no creature so graceful can be of this realm- surely he does not deserve to be in her presence. He averts his gaze so as not to take in what he feels he has no right to witness. Manhattan seems calm, however. He feels a faint brushing against his hocks as she leaves his side and takes bold steps forth towards the goddess. For the first time, he sees her completely comfortable with a stranger.

A part of him wonders if they really are strangers at all. He wonders if all creatures on this earth have some connection to the moonlit lady before him. He wonders if he is the first to turn away. But he cannot bear to witness what he does not deserve. Not even the dark of the night can hide her beauty. he can still see her, out of the corner of his eyes, in complete majesty. Her coat shines a deep purple, and she bears large, splendorous wings that he imagines have once held within them a child. But Knox is not to be that child. He feels strangely sinful even looking upon her, even thinking of her. He feels unworthy to the point that when she speaks, he wishes to heed her words as if to atone.

Never before has he longed to be blind more than in this moment. To be blind would to hide from him the vision of perfection that stands before him, and to deny him the right to be in the light of The Goddess of the Moon. But he has no right, not even now. While Manhattan sits mere paces away from the giant, he stands with his head turned and his stance humble much further away as she considers his request. She wonders if he understands his motives- he cannot bring himself to ask. To say anything to such a magnificent being is something he has no right to do. And so when she requires of him an answer, he can only nod at first. He lets his lids droop, and fails to open them. He wonders if when his lashes lift he will be blind. He wonders if his eyes will shine silver like those of the Goddess' who gave him this task in exchange for a gift, a gift which he is now unsure if he deserves. Manhattan leaves the Goddess' shadow, and he hears her long nails clicking against the stone. They are the only thing he can hear in this moment of utter silence. It is as if the world has stopped.

He feels her at his side but he does not see her. He tries to open his eyes to see; he realizes in an instant that they are already open. The blindness has overtaken him, and he feels no fear.

[Thanks admin! If I should have waited for you to make him blind I'll edit, I figured I'd just get the show on the road.]

knox</style>
& manhattan</style>

Messages In This Thread
Blinding [Goddess of the Moon] - by Knox - 09-10-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Blinding [Goddess of the Moon] - by Knox - 09-13-2012, 06:38 AM