the Rift

[PRIVATE] C.E.O (ghost)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
Hundreds, thousands. All the stars are burning out, falling from heaven. Haunted souls, beautiful and white. We watched them rain a torrent of light. Awestruck as they poured into the belly of earth. Fina's trill cry is a siren of success, she returns from a hunt with talons bloodied. Her wings aglow with sunlight -- vibrantly unnatural against the distant backdrop. I met my bonded with an even smile as she drops to lash those soiled feet upon unspoiled flesh. Neve stirs from a nest of feather and hair, a silvery head pokes free to gaze at the stormy sky.

As quickly as it'd begun, the show is over thrice as fast; only fleeting sparks remain. They shower in fours and threes, then twos, and finally one at a time until nothing but the dark and its remaining fleet of stars stand alone in their milky clusters. My crown falls heavily forward, we couldn't linger for long. There was land and a full eve of patrolling ahead; for me, morning couldn't come fast enough.

With a sigh that felt more like a groan, I rose to make my way across the meadow. Soon the dawn would come to paint Helovia with its limited but no less glorious palette. I would be permitted to return home. Home. Yar, for once my heart didn't balk. The inhabitants of Hidden Falls had sowed a seed of compassion in this weary battleborn soul. Who would've guessed? A Sultan of sand was falling in love once again.

@Ghost
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
C.E.O (ghost) - by Midas - 01-15-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Ghost - 01-16-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Midas - 01-30-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Ghost - 02-19-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Midas - 02-22-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Ghost - 03-07-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Midas - 03-09-2015, 10:10 PM