the Rift

[PRIVATE] C.E.O (ghost)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
This soul (and all others) would never fully understand why Earth choose to do what he did, why he'd single out a pledged sun warrior to guide his homeland, our reborn Fall's. Surely there had been other individuals of equal and greater merit. I'd never questioned the request beyond expected grief and doubt over my own shortcomings, never thought to disobey his wishes. The ideals of a god were answered as an obedient son should respond. Yar, tis as my Da had required, his early morals were retained even through adulthood.

Then there was Ghost...just as Seele had been a surprise addition to this strange family, so had the advancement of her closest spy. A choice that neither came to haunt me or give cause for worry, both things are a pleasant boon. Her question brings forth a light chuckle, a true smile slips across my muzzle; glittering gems shift to her crimson feathers -- their hue reminded me of..."Depends on who thee asks and at what hour the question is posed."A mortal has sympathy, empathy, but tis fickle and ever changing; one moment they carried their champions to the highest pedestal, and the next their scowls could heard for miles.

It wasn't my intention that any man or woman hold me to impossible heights. Their expectations would surely outmatch my very best days. Softening from humor to a more honest note, I add quietly, surprisingly open, "Don't place me as anything more than a man, for I am worthy of nothing more," my cranium slips lower, drawing the length of my stare to the swaying wheat that licked our limbs with gentle kisses. "What of ye? Have ye always been part of the Asylum?" Their numbers are sparse, what remained had merged into the masses of Fall's folk. Not long ago, the Asylum had been a thriving group, they now lay in shambles, broken remnants of memories. Their glue either deceased or abandoned. @[Ghost]

Word count: 327
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
C.E.O (ghost) - by Midas - 01-15-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Ghost - 01-16-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Midas - 01-30-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Ghost - 02-19-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Midas - 02-22-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Ghost - 03-07-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: C.E.O (ghost) - by Midas - 03-09-2015, 10:10 PM