the Rift

this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

I have to stop myself from laughing at the colt calls me Queen. My body, muscular and nearly that of a short stallion, has hardly been one that has been compared to royalty. I would wager that no such graceful demeanor can be found in me. While I do claim the title of Leader, I can hardly say that I enjoy my role. I would much rather handle each individual with the brute force of a general, and many are surprised to meet the leader of the Throat, finding me to be little more than a mare with a bad attitude and harsh words. This young colt knows little better, however, so I do not mock him or correct him just yet. Instead, I try to focus on his words, what he wishes to share with me about this mare.

His enthusiasm is great, which brings a small smile to rest on my lips. Youth had been stolen away from me early, but I enjoyed to watch the young members of my herd delve into it with wild abandon. The wonders of their eyes might seem to be my own, if I construed it as such, which I am often tempted to. Breeze, this colt who I knew little of, is so excited to tell me of the mare he found to bring home, and that in itself is beautiful. My herd, my family, finding such joys in accepting others. I could do little more than nod with a slight smile printed on my lips as I listen in, ears perked with true interest.

The mare speaks next, and my eyes fall upon her, dark blue stones that gleam hard and critical as I watch her face, in comparison to the freedom with which I had gazed at Breeze. She is new, and while I would love to believe the promotion of this young colt, I must use my judgment to determine if she, like my winged kin, have the heart to stay among us. Her tail twitches nervously, but I do not relent, my gaze cold and heavy as I watch her eyes dim as she speaks. This will not do, for I would wish to see her heart displayed, her strength shown to me. Cowardice would not be accepted, but I suppose that being presented with the head of a herd would be difficult. I myself found no worries when facing those with higher authority. I would respect them as far as their command, but to speak my mind was natural. I suppose this is not always the case, but I still find it strange.

Lumina's words are simply and honest, though, despite the fact that she clearly feels that she has no right to speak to me openly. This is something I have to correct immediately following all of these appeals to me. I curtly nod at the end of her request, and gaze one long, hard moment at the mare before shrugging my shoulders slightly, my demeanor loosened into something more welcoming. "You are free to stay, Lumina," I say finally, my voice as friendly as I could manage.

"I must tell both of you now, there is no aristocracy here. I am no Queen, would not wish to be. I am but a humble leader tasked to protect this herd. I ask that you speak to me freely, like you would your own family," a smile rests awkwardly on my lips as I continue with my strong voice. "We are all family here in the Throat. Be respectful to those of authority,yet be not wary to speak your mind."
""

Messages In This Thread
this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-11-2012, 07:32 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-16-2012, 10:50 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-16-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Kri - 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-28-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 10-11-2012, 05:29 PM