the Rift

this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It seemed his respectful words amused his leader and the colt bit down on his lip. Why could he never say the right thing?! Oh if the young buck knew how many times his mother had regretted her words and asked herself that very question. Then maybe he would have smiled and blamed his tactlessness on his genes, but he had no idea of how shy and misplaced Buzz, or Ru’yah as he knew her to be named, had been in conversations with especially leads. So he kept scolding himself at the same time as he rejoiced in the fact that Lumina was accepted to stay.

A hot wave of further embarrassment came over him though as Queen Kri stated she was no Queen and didn’t wish to be. Surely this must be the explanation for her amusement when he called her as such. Breeze’s black eyes darted nervously because she had also told them to speak freely and the hot secret of his distaste for the desert made his hide prickle. He felt like a small foal who had done something he wasn’t supposed to and as he didn’t come clean was eaten by guilt under the questioning of his parents.

He looked down.

A ball of guilt was stuck in his throat.

He glanced sideways at Lumina. Would she feel as she’d been lied to? Then he looked at Lady Kri and took a deep breath. The coolness of the night and the light from the growing number of stars didn’t help, he still felt warm all over and he felt as if he had to tell her or else he would burn up from the inside.

"Lady Kri," he started and swallowed the lump in his throat. "I don’t… I mean I do like…" How would he be able to phrase this? "I like the herd and all," it was a start. "But the climate, the heat… it is not my… I do not prefer it." He had diverted from her eyes now, afraid that he would see anger, but he felt she deserved to know his intentions.

"There is a reason we haven’t met before and that being that I have not spent much time here, I’ve been constantly fleeing the heat. I am sorry Lady Kri." He looked apologetically to Lumina hoping she would not feel betrayed, but was expecting she would.

Messages In This Thread
this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-11-2012, 07:32 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-16-2012, 10:50 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-16-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-28-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 10-11-2012, 05:29 PM