the Rift

this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

"No need to apologize," I say with a laugh. "I know many leaders would claim royalty."

My eyes are deft, though, and note the change in Breeze immediately. He looks worried, puzzled, and ultimately uncomfortable. However, I have a feeling that my offer for him to speak freely has lifted some invisible chain he had shackled to himself. My face remains impassive as I wait, gentle and soothing despite the worn, gruff polish of my features. At one point, I may have been beautiful, but in the growing years, my face had given way to worry, to rage, to stern authority. I was no longer the graceful flower of my youth, but some twisted stone statue of who I had been, built to weather future storms, including this one arising in the mouth of a colt.

His words were shaky, uncertain, and I could feel that my intense stare was likely not helping. However, I had not found a neutral expression for my dark pools of blue in all my years on this earth, and I did not intend to strain myself for his comfort. The heat gets to him, he says finally, in less concise words. I tilt a head, my ear tilting down toward the ground in uncertainty. "The heat can be oppressive," I agree with stark words, but do not yield to the thought that it is an unsuitable home. "Yet you are a loyal soul, Breeze. I would be troubled to see it chase you from here."

"Perhaps you can be tasked with assignments outside of the desert that strains you," my lips take on an encouraging smile. "We are short of much, and your aid would be appreciated." Blue eye glance back toward Lumina as she speaks, holding her image still for a few moments, absorbing her words. "I hope you will, Lumina."
""

Messages In This Thread
this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-11-2012, 07:32 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-16-2012, 10:50 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-16-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 09-28-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Kri - 10-07-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Breeze - 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: this is Dragon's Throat | Lumina, Kri + herd - by Lumina - 10-11-2012, 05:29 PM