the Rift

[PRIVATE] Black Starlight

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

Macaria

Palest Shadow; Darkest Light

I wish with all of me, and everything, that I could remember that day.

I don’t believe babies generally remember their birth. I certainly don’t; in fact, I remember nothing of those moments alone with Mother. Those only moments that I would ever share in her shadow, while she breathed, and while she smiled at me.

Oh, Mother! I wish with everything that I could remember your face. They tell me your eyes were blue like the sea before a storm; they say you smiled sometimes, but not always, but it was still something beautiful to look at, like nightshade in the velvet of a shadow. I would like to think you smiled when you saw me; maybe you saw me laying there, laying amongst sand and gemstones, delicate and fragile with new knees—and you smiled wide, and your eyes crinkled with the bigness of your smile, and you called me “Macaria”.

I hope you knew my name.

Oh, Mother. I wish upon the stars above and on my hide that I could remember what happened. I don’t suppose I had gotten to my feet very quickly; perhaps I was weaker than I should have, because they told me you had been skinny while you had me. That your ribs would have been visible had I not been nestled in your tummy; that your spine stood out, and one could count every little nub underneath your hide. Oh, Mother, but I hate to think of you so poorly! I only wish I could remember differently; a noble mare with glittering eyes and a full, handsome mane and tail, who stood to meet me and greet me to the world, who offered your milk to me as soon as you saw my eye crack open.

But I never had your milk. They told me.

Oh, Mother.

I wish I remembered you.

I wish I had anything of you.

Anything.

Instead of…

talk talk talk

image credits

Messages In This Thread
Black Starlight - by Circe - 01-17-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: Black Starlight - by Macaria - 01-17-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: Black Starlight - by Circe - 01-17-2015, 11:15 PM