the Rift

[OPEN] Fear is what we Learn

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
The Silver Doe

It was Wynter who lead the way to The Falls, her bright white feathers were blinding whenever she flew under the burning gaze of the sun. After receiving the invitation to visit the crumbled remains of a once mighty mountain range, Arah had taken some time before turning up. The doe ended up traveling through the Deep Forest, past The Threshold and then she even wondered up through the Frozen Arch to pick some wild flowers from her homeland. From day one it had been drilled into her that arriving without a gift was rude, besides she figured Midas had probably never seen these flowers before. In the end it had taken quite some time to finally be approaching the border of Midas' home. She took her time, pausing to study a butterfly or watch a rabbit race across the plains, now that she had finally arrived Arah did not want to appear desperate to explore this land and meet the seemingly rather withdrawn members of this herd.

It was boiling in the heat of the sun, a light sweat covered her body from remaining so long under the sun's intense gaze but Arah wanted to remain visible, trying to convey early on that she was not a threat. No doubt by now if someone had been patrolling they would have spotted her and reported back to the rest of the herd.

From a distance she can hear the waters from what she assumed where ether a bay or lake pouring over the top of the rocks, the water cascaded down to create a series of beautiful water falls; a few she could see even from here. Golden orbs traveled over the sparse forest, the skinnier newer trees that dotted the landscape grew to the front; this past Birdsong had no doubt been good to them. Closer to the border now, her pale hooves brushed along the wild flowers that had sprouted. Wynter had The Basin's flowers clutched in her talons for Midas and his family, but her daughters would probably like these. Arching her neck gracefully she plucked a bunch of them and gently held them between her teeth. Continuing towards the border, her eyes lit up at the sight of a rainbow rising above a pool of clear water. She could almost feel the Earth God embracing her. with this small gesture. Finally her hooves touch the border and the doe comes to a stop.

"Midas?" Her voice is muffled through the flowers though and it sounds more like 'Meradis', with a roll of her eyes she waits for Wynter to come down and assist her. Huffing with frustration Arah throws her head back to stare at Wynter. 'Faigh síos anseo tú imbecile!' Annoyance rang through the bond, both hot and slightly frustrated with each other. Winter did not wish to come, Arah had enough of her bonded whinging. After a few moments Wynter finally did and she was bid, hovering a few centimetres off of the ground the snowy griffin dropped The Basin's flowers so she did not crush them when she landed. Landing beside Arah, her bonded clicked her beak in a show of anger as the doe gently nudged Wynter's wings open and placed the new flowers in the crook of her left wing joint. Gently tucking her wing into her side, Wynter held on to the flowers for Arah, not without giving her a rather fantastic stink eye first. "Ná breathnú ar dom mar sin." The bond remained silent. Brat. Smiling in spite of Wynter's current attitude the doe cleared her throat and looked over The Falls before trying again; "Midas?"
Side by side the doe and griffin waited to be received by who and whatever resided inside this fascinating herd land.

You are my refuge and I need you to see;
The only one I let down more than you is me.
Image Credits
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Fear is what we Learn - by Arah - 01-18-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Rostislav - 01-19-2015, 10:29 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Vitani - 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Arah - 01-20-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Rostislav - 01-20-2015, 10:52 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Midas - 01-22-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Vitani - 01-25-2015, 10:12 PM