the Rift

[OPEN] Fear is what we Learn

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
To my surprise, Vitani appears in rush of energy behind me. She calls out to me - 'Daddy!' My heart warms at the sound of her voice. My beloved daughter already growing so fast and.. so feisty! 'Watch over her, Damaris. I won't have this stranger harm her.' I murmur to my companion through our bond. Damaris backs up and tags at the heels of the filly, making sure that neither she nor the mare makes any sudden and threatening/stupid movements. I'm sure my vivacious daughter won't appreciate the babysitting, but that is not her decision. She notices the stranger - it is impossible not to - and instantly begins to throw questions out into the open air. I have not even asked any questions myself, and I feel somewhat out of place having my daughter be the primary interrogator here.

The strange vixen seems also a little surprised by the boisterous child. She moves forward to place a flower behind the child's ear, and though I remain still, Damaris makes sure that no funny business happens. Her green eyes flash with warning, but both of us stay silent. The movement is gentle enough, and I should not want to punish a friendly gesture with violence or aggression. The mare introduces the griffin as Wynter. I bow my head politely to the creature. "Yes, child. She is like Keiran."

The mare tells me she has been invited by Midas. That's all fine and well, but she has still not told me her name, which I consider to be a vital piece of 'guard the realm' information. She picks up the remaining flowers by her hooves and gives them to her griffin. When she looks at me next she has a strange look in her eyes. I feel some sort of prodding in my mind, and shake my head with annoyance. 'She's in my brain, Damaris. Telling me things...' Damaris growls at the mare. As I break eye contact my mind clears. I grown at the mare. "Instead of playing with my mind, Miss, I only ask that you provide your name." I huff at her, annoyed at her assumptions. "You could give me a little credit. I am not so defensive as to deny a foreigner a fair chance. But your assumptions make me trust you less." I wait for her to tell me her name, planning to move only once she has done so. I have no desire to prevent her from seeing Midas, only to do my duty. Besides, isn't it polite to introduce yourself? A hypocritical thought, as I realize I have not given my own name. "Let me start -- g'day, I'm Rostislav."

WC: 444
Tag: @[Vitani] & @[Arah]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Fear is what we Learn - by Arah - 01-18-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Rostislav - 01-19-2015, 10:29 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Vitani - 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Arah - 01-20-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Rostislav - 01-20-2015, 10:52 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Midas - 01-22-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Vitani - 01-25-2015, 10:12 PM