the Rift

[OPEN] Heralding the dawn (Joining)

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

With a bold, approving eye set upon the young Dragon as she lifted each of her whopping wings to rest above her spine - there was even a trace of tenderness as he watched her oblige. Still, it had been a terribly long time since the giant had made any true effort to interact with children, and he was a little wary; concerned she might fall beneath his stride or burst into a chaotic song of nonsense. Despite his promise to see her into school and tend to her wellbeing, that stallion was more than prepared to seek the experienced hand of Alija... or that tart Bruce, if his need became dire.

In stark contrast to his expectation, the girl said little. Whether that was because her heart was still tight within the choking grip of fear, or the last of her voice had squeaked out with her tears, he was not sure. Attentively he lowered his decorated skull towards her when she neared; freakishly small in comparison... "Are you ready?" he prompted, keen to at least clear Thistle Meadow by nightfall. "Tell me if you tire, I cannot read minds. My name is Hector..."

Within him grew a very paternal instinct – one which he would have undoubtedly denied if he had noticed.

As the girl slipped along side, he passed a glace through the trees surrounding to be certain that no others lingered. With a measured stride, careful and considerate, Hector began the journey that would see the young Pegasus safely and sensibly into the borders of her home. He checked on her regularly, pausing if she needed, no matter how the time passed; taught her about the God of the Sun, their land’s glorious patron, and without prejudice (because he was no wild fan of their Chancellor), explained the highest of the Dragon’s Throat ranks – so that she would not feel so blind.

Before the diluted light of dawn seeped across the horizon to the east, the soldier spurred his companion on; allowing her to freshen only briefly beforehand by the cool dribble of a creek.

The day of her arrival was blessed by rich sunlight. Not a cloud littered the bright blue heavens, and Hector thought it a fitting welcome. As he strode diligently along the land bridge – taking every precaution to keep her safe along the precarious route – his chin swerved through the air and he prayed. Father of Fire and Light, I bring a new child, a new Dragon to your brood. In every respect he was delighted with the girl he was certain the God of the Sun would be pleased... but he paused midstride and turned abruptly, "Your name... pray, tell me your name." He snorted, bothered that this revelation had not dawned on him sooner.

He loitered long enough to receive her answer, and then continued without delay, all the way to the oasis.

@[Isara] first please, anyone is welcome

Messages In This Thread
Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hector - 01-19-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Isara - 01-19-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hertz - 01-21-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hector - 01-29-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Isara - 01-30-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hertz - 02-01-2015, 07:24 PM