the Rift

[OPEN] Heralding the dawn (Joining)

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

The way the winged stallion told me to hold my wings was new to me. It felt odd to actually be able to hold my wings in a somewhat comfortable position, but yet it also felt soothing. So soothing that I welcomed it with great pleasure. If my past didn't go the way it had I probably would have jumped up and down and whinnied with glee. But I my past did go the way it had and because of that I was the way I was. Quiet, cautious, reserved, loner, clumsy all of these words could pretty much describe me to a tee.

But maybe one day they wouldn't.

My teal eyes drifted over to the winged one before me and I noted his look of approval and I began to feel something weird inside me. It was something I had never really felt before. Something that flopped and wriggled with warmth in the depths of my belly. It...it was so unusual.

After I reached the chestnut and orange stallion, I realized just how tall he was in comparison to me. He was like a giant and I a dwarf. Surely though, I'd grow taller as I got older. Adults were always bigger weren't they? Ivory ears pricked forward as he spoke after lowering his head to my level. I nodded my head yes as his question and took note of his order to let him know when I grow tired. I also took note of his name as well: Hector. I felt like it was a strong name, which suited him.

With that, we began our journey to this Dragon's Throat as it was so called. As we walked, Hector told me about many things. Some God of the Sun, the ranks that were available in Dragon's Throat, and he even answered some of the many questions I asked. Like when we stopped to rest I would ask what a few things are, though I would limit myself to three questions with each stop so not to annoy my new protector. Once I was lucky enough to ask about a furry animal which he called a rabbit – something he had compared to me to. After the three questions, I would take a short nap if I needed it. I have to admit though, I don't think I had gotten any better rest in my life. Being with Hector just made me feel...safe. It was almost like nothing could go wrong. If the evil equines came to try to take me he would fight them off. I just knew it. Not to mention his sheer size and strength would probably scare them away anyways.

Light began to peek out from behind the divide between land and sky when Hector decided it was time to move on again, though he did let me get a drink at a nearby pool of water. When I went to get the drink though, my eyes caught my reflection and I looked in awe at myself. I never really saw nor paid attention beforehand to what I looked like. So when I saw the splashed white and bay face with my teal eyes and teal markings cascading from my eyes, I couldn't help but become slightly breathless. I turned my body to see my patchy body better. Faint spots covered the bay parts and my bay and white flecked wings seemed so big in comparison to my body. I never really realized just how awkward they looked when compared to my body. I looked nothing like my mother. Sure the light colored mane and tail and the and the patchy body was of her design, but the dark color of my body was off and my eyes and the markings below my eyes were foreign to me. She never really spoke about my father...perhaps these were of his design?

I shook my head of the thoughts that were beginning to form in my mind. There was no need to think of such things or begin to wonder about my genetic father. He was back wherever I came from and there was no way in hell I'd go back there. Not now not ever. So to evade thinking about it even more, I caught up to Hector and followed him again.

All this traveling had helped my coordination somewhat. I was walking slightly faster without any stumbling and I could feel my legs strengthening. Although, my wings were another story. The muscles that were holding them up were screaming for me to put my wings down. Every now and then my wings would fall and droop a little – which felt glorious when they did – but I figured that my muscles were only getting sore because they hadn't really been used...or used correctly for that matter. So once a feather from either wing began to skim across the ground I forced myself to rearrange my wings back to the position that Hector had showed me back where we met. Hopefully with practice and correct use my wings and my muscles would grow strong enough for me to fly one day.

My head and eyes raised to the clear blue sky as we crossed into a new type of terrain. I wondered what it was like to fly about and see the world from up on high, but that question would have to wait. The ground we began to tread upon was dry and yellow in color. When I looked forward I didn't really see much besides more dry yellow ground. Desert...the word rang out in my head as the word and the actual thing clicked in my head. So this was a desert, huh?

Before I knew it, Hector stopped mid-stride and turned around towards me. Was something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Ears swiveled as he spoke catching every word he said. My name? Had I not tell him my name yet? For a second, I racked my brain to try to think of a time that I might have told him my name, but apparently there wasn't.

“Isara,” I muttered out to him in a wavering voice and then spoke again with a little more confidence, “My name is Isara.”

With that, I continued to follow him further into the dry and yellow land until it changed yet again. Only this time the land became green and lush. It was such a stark contrast against the dry and yellow desert. I looked to Hector as we walked into the green land and wondered how much longer it would be until we reached our destination. A hour, a day, mere minutes I had no idea just how close we were to my to be new home...my sanctuary. A faint smile grew upon my lips as I thought about it like that. My sanctuary...a place free of the evil equines and safe for me. I couldn't wait.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 1155
TAGGED;; @[Hector] & anybody else who wants to welcome Isa into the herd xD
OOC;; omfg...much words...-stares at-

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hector - 01-19-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Isara - 01-19-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hertz - 01-21-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hector - 01-29-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Isara - 01-30-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hertz - 02-01-2015, 07:24 PM