the Rift

[OPEN] Heralding the dawn (Joining)

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

SHADE! My thoughts screamed within my mind as Hector and I reached the veil of protection produced by some giant leaves on some weird looking trees. Though the sun felt nice upon my skin, like the warm feet of little fairies upon my skin, it quickly had changed into burning needles of searing pain. Though it didn't seem to affect Hector near as much as it did I. Or was he just able to hide it easily? Whatever the case may be, I was obviously not entirely used to being out in the light of day yet. So when I caught a glimpse of the water between the thin underbrush, I gratefully took a drink of the cool liquid just barely noticing the smile that Hector looked upon me with.

My ears swiveled at the sound of him saying my name and I turned to give him my full and undivided attention. The oasis. That was what he called this place. This green place surrounded by the desert was called the oasis. He then went on about praising the God of the Sun for generosity and how the herd wouldn't survive without it. Then he lifted his face towards the sky and it seemed like he was looking beyond the leaves of the trees. I looked up with him and within the silence that stood between us I felt like I should do something. But what? After a few seconds of wondering I closed my eyes and brought my head close to my chest and then spoke loud enough just for Hector to hear the words that left my lips, “Thank you Sun.”

Shortly after I spoke, the voice of another broke through the air and reached my ears. I turned to look at the source of the voice and quickly my teal eyes fell upon a colt younger than I. His body was bluish in color and he had some weird markings on his face and neck. But what I really noticed the most about him was his wings. Another one with wings! A soft smile began to glow upon my lips as he introduced himself. Hertz. It was a rather simple sounding name I guess, but it seemed to fit him as well. I looked to Hector briefly before looking back at Hertz. Hector had a smile on his face as he looked at Hertz, but it was different than when he looked at me. This confused me. What was all that different between Hertz and I? Was it perhaps Hertz's mother or father was not on good terms with Hector? Or did he feel somewhat similar as to I did? I mean he saved me, he protected me, he even brought me to his home and was already teaching me things I didn't know. It...it was almost like he was taking up a role that my mother would have filled. Only he wasn't my mother and well...I never met my father. I'd like to think my father was still out there somewhere alive and well, but could never be sure without finding him. And there was no way in hell I was going to go back to where I came from. Nope. Nada. No way José. Even if my father was alive, I would never get the chance to see him and he would never have knowledge of my birth.

Before I knew it Hector was introducing me and his own self. When he ended on my name I felt his eyes look at me and again I felt this feeling that I didn't completely recognize. Maybe one day I would recognize it and have a name for it, but for today its name escaped me. For now, I just took a small step forward towards Hertz and decided to speak up because I couldn't just stand there and be forever silent, “Good morning,” I began a little shyly and then continued on hoping to at least carry some conversation, “You are alone?” I ruminated over the question and concern washed over me as I noticed nobody trailing behind him. No mother, no father, not even a sibling or anyone to keep watch over him. Was this place really that safe?

One of my wings began to drop so I shifted them to keep them folded against my back. Despite now knowing how to hold my wings, they still proved to be a little challenging. Hertz's wings didn't seem to be as big as mine. Why did mine have to be so big? It almost made me feel like I was a freak of nature. Hell I literally lived underground! How does someone who lived underground have such huge ass wings? Really, I love to know. Why was I chosen to be the weirdo and not someone else?

I figuratively shook the thoughts from my mind as I turned my attention back to Hector and Hertz. Maybe one day I'd be more normal like them? Yeah! I had to keep hope of some sort. One day I would be completely normal and not have to worry about anything. That would be the best day of my life right after the day I met and left with Hector of course.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 871
TAGGED;; @[Hector], @[Hertz] & anybody else who wants to welcome Isa into the herd xD
OOC;; dawwww

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hector - 01-19-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Isara - 01-19-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hertz - 01-21-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hector - 01-29-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Isara - 01-30-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hertz - 02-01-2015, 07:24 PM